Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should Fitbit cover warranty for old but unused fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just wondering what you guys think.

Fitbit charge is obviously old and they probably stopped making it years ago.

I recently got it from friend of mine as I lost my Versa. She bought in 2015 and maybe just synched or use it for a day. Then she gave me as present now.  So it has been unused pretty much (this can easily be verified by condition as it was still in box and can see all sync history)

Now, the watch is a dud. Battery drains in am hour. Impossible to update firmware as it gets stuck (we tried on 4 devices with support).

Should Fitbit honour warranty and give replacement? I understand they don't have to but they have high quality of service. They were as good as Amazon. But not sure they maintain same high standard now. 

I should highlight I've been with Fitbit since first charge was released. I've had simple things like band being doggy and their excellent service just sent a new watch. Having said that,  I'm starting to doubt the quality as none of the watch last more than 1.5 years. Either software or the watch breaksdown. To be honest, it is unlikely I will buy more Fitbit after this and switch to other brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

No the warranty goes from the day it was bought in 2015. Why should they cover it?

Just because she didn't use it means nothing. Still bought in 2015

Its also a dud because it wasn't charge and the batteries  will die permanently when not charged

Might also want to read the warranties on what ever you buy because they are pretty much the same

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

If lucky the warranty starts the day it was connected to a Fitbit account, or the one day your friend used it. Did they keep it charged?

If you bought a car with a 5 year warranty and never drove it until it was 10 years old. The next day the car breaks down, is it still under warranty? 

Just my thoughts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  The thing is she did use it for a day and it was set up before so it goes from the day she first set it up in 2015.

Quote: "She bought in 2015 and maybe just synched or use it for a day. Then she gave me as present now."

No warranty

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is my felling @WendyB 

Best Answer
0 Votes