Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I upgrade my Charge 4?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the charge 4 for about a year and broke it a few days ago. Through the 1 year warranty I can replace it or get a discount towards another model, and am contemplating changing to another. I never had big problems with the charge 4, but the display did annoy me since I couldn't really view it outdoors. I used my fitbit to track steps, sleep, calories, and my workouts. It looks like the compare models tool was removed from their site, so I'm hoping for help with the differences between other models.

Is the Luxe basically the same as Charge 4 but more fashionable looking?

How do people like the Versa 3? I'm leaning towards that right now. What are the benefits of a smart watch vs a tracker?

Is Sense worth the extra money over Versa 3 if you don't care about your skin temperature?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You should be able to see the product comparison in the Fitbit Store , at least in U.S. version.  However Charge 4 is not listed as it is no longer for sale, though they might have some available for exchanges.  Also "which product is right" quiz after doing a comparison.

Charge 5 is noticeably brighter than Charge 4 for outdoor viewing.

As I see it, the big difference between Sense and Versa 3 is the on-demand ECG on Sense.

Luxe vs, Charge 5:  Luxe does not have built-in GPS, on-demand ECG, Fitbit Pay.  Charge 5 has brighter colored screen.

Those are what I consider biggest differences but there are other differences; a feature that might be critical for some might not be of interest to others.  I urge you to look again for comparison chart, maybe going to US site if need be.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

The Luxe & Charge 5 are downgrades not upgrades because Fitbit eliminated these functionalities like the altimeter, relax & the weather.  Substituting a color screen is NOT an improvement when they take away the three functions above that I certainly use many times during the day.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

But Charge 5 did add the on-demand ECG.  I think it is important to carefully look at the specs before deciding.  For me, I would rarely use the stairs, relax app, and weather, but obviously they are important to some people.  So do compare and look at specs carefully.  Different models are not necessarily better or worse for all people.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

They did but Fitbit continues to say point blank that its functionality must NEVER be relied on for accurate medical information especially with regards to the heart. That’s their legal team mandating that and that speaks volumes. So this added ECG functionality especially for those of us who have heart disease and I am one of those people unfortunately (I suffered a heart attack 5 months ago) can never be relied upon so having it there to me is only window-dressing.  To add what looks like vital medical functionality that the company stipulates must NEVER be relied upon while eliminating other functionalities from the Charge 4 that many of us used is nonsensical.  

Best Answer
0 Votes