Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent alarm & settings not working correctly on Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just received my new Charge 3 after using the Alta HR for a year or so & am having a problem.......

I live in South Africa & am having problems with the silent alarm on my Fitbit.

Everything is set up correctly on the website Dashboard but on the App in Advanced Settings there is no Africa/South Africa in Location so I have put UK & though I have the time zone set to Africa/Johannesburg which should make it GMT +2hrs I can't make the alarms work correctly.  If I want the alarm to go off at 16:00 I have to set up an alarm for 14:00!!

This worked correctly on my Alta HR & none of the settings have changed so I don't know what the problem is, please has anyone any ideas? Thx

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hey there @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! Thanks for the detailed information you've provided in regards to this situation with your alarms.

In this case I'd like to recommend that you try removing the alarm and then adding it once again. You can find instructions on how to remove alarms  by clicking here. Basically what you want to do is: 

1. Sync your Fitbit to your account.
  2. Remove the alarm.
  3. Sync your Fitbit.
  4. Add the alarm.
  5. Since once more.

Then they should start working. Please give it a try and let me know how it goes or if you have any questions. Man Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve already tried that as I read about it on another post....didn’t work.

Next????

Best Answer

yeah thats not working for me neither. Dang I really want to like Fitbit but there are so many bugs. I had the Charge 2 and it burned me, I was assured the Charge 3 would be better but nothing seems to work. My Charge 2 was able to sync to both my iPHone and iPad, the Charge three doesn't. And because the alarms aren't working, I was late for work this morning! 😞

Best Answer

I also have problems with the silent alarms . Not working at all. 

I had no problem with Charge 2 , please help 

Best Answer

Tech team? My fit bit silent alarm just went off at 12:00am when it’s suppose to be going off at 7am (weekends). It went off at 9PM when I first got it yesterday when it’s suppose to go off at 4 am (weekdays).

I think the issue may be related to timezone misconfiguration?

I'm going to set my alarms according to this pattern to see if it resolves the issue for myself in the meanwhile. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awwwh I see you found the pattern too, mines is a 7hr time difference. So they may all be set to default universal Greenwich Time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Can't believe such expensive device can make this simply function to work correctly.

Best Answer

Hi @MarreFitbit I've tried what you suggested but still have the same problem. Please advise if there is another way to fix this?

Best Answer

Hey everyone on this thread, thanks for trying the tips and recommendations I've shared with you. As some of you may know, we are aware that some alarms aren't going off as scheduled times for some. 

At this time we do recommend trying to remove and re-add the alarm. For further updates about this, please stay tuned in this thread

If there are any questions present, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I removed and reset the alarms several times. This does not work. When I set an alarm on my Fitbit it gives the time with the word tomorrow underneath the time. Problem is the next day it fails to wake me, and still shows the alarm active with the word tomorrow under it. When i first received the device in May 2019, it worked perfectly. Now it will not alert me at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with brand new Charge 3. Have tried all remedies! However it does say Not Synced Yet in the Silent Alarms window. The app has synced multiple times since adding the alarm but it just doesn't change that Not Synced Yet status.

Tried to Delete alarm and it will not delete in the App. They do not show on Dashboard on web browser but are persistent even when deleted on the App and the radio button is dull so you can't turn it off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Alarm on my charge 3, sets an hour earlier than I put in. Example put in 5:30 am and the alarm sets for 4:30 am

Best Answer
0 Votes