Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent alarm wont turn off, constant vibration until battery dies

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Last night I woke up for an unrelated reason at around 4am and noticed my fitbitcharge HR was very low on battery(tried to check time flashed low battery) so i plugged it in knowing Id be awake no later than 7am.

My fitbit has a silent alarm set for 6:55am and it went off the vibration sound of it vibrating on the floor woke me up. Unfortunately no matter what I did i could not turn it off. Pressing the button didnt turn it off, unplugging it from thr charging cable and pressing the button, trying to unsync the alarm via app didnt work...even trying to reset the fitbit(plug it in, hold the button for 20seconds)
The vibration wasnt the normal BzzBzzBzzzzz.....BzzBzzBzzzzz...etc, it was a solid, constant vibration.
I had to unplug the fitbit and let it just vibrate until it drained the battery completely then recharge it.

Has anyone else had this happen? Or know a way to actually turn this off?
Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

This happened to me when the charge was very low and a call came it wouldn't stop vibrating. I have it on charge but no sign of life yet 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing happened to my Charge HR today while call was coming in. Got it yo stop vibrating by plugging it in & holding button until code showed. This was supposed to reset it. Now Tracker info, including time, is incorrect & it won't sync properly.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This just happened to my charge hr. Sitting on the floor of my bedroom at 630am... Did anyone receive any help from fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, so this morning my alarm went off at 7:30 am and continuously buzzed for about 20 minutes until I read this post.  Plugged it in, held it until it stopped buzzing, but now the dang thing is dead.  Trying to resurrect it now. This is disappointing - I have a medical condition where I need to set 12 alarms per day, and so far the fitbit has worked. I'm going to revert back to my other old-timey watch.  Not a happy camper right now.  Thanks for this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone and welcome to this thread @vividee Seems odd that your Fitbit tracers' silent alarm didn't stop vibrating. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists. If so, I noticed that you have restarted your devices and since this didn't work, my best advice is to contact our Customer Support team so they can investigate further and get this issue sorted out.

Keep me posted on the outcome my friends! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I had this happen for the first time this morning. Did anyone call customer service as recommended? What was the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SuziQ_1980, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! By any chance, have you tried to restart your Charge HR? If you haven't, I suggest you to try that out. If after try that, the issue persists, you definitely have to contact Fitbit support, so they can take a look into your account, see what is going on with your tracker and choose the best option to get you back on track. 

Catch ya' later! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago! Plugging it in and holding the side button down seemed to work to reset it and it's been fine since then, apart from that the alarms now don't vibrate as well but make more of a noise...

Best Answer
0 Votes