Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since a system update my phone finds Charge 4 but won't connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 4 stopped syncing after an update on Thursday, I've followed all the suggestions found in the support section, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, turn the Bluetooth off and back on, tried setup up a device, I've tried everything, but nothing seems to be working. I can set it up on my husband's phone (Samsung 21) but not on mine which is a Samsung Flipz4, it was working fine prior to the system update.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue ... ????

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi @Vickieg7 - as your post relates to a charge 4 it has been moved to this forum.

One important step to try is a phone restart.

• first remove the Bluetooth entry for it from both phones, turn off the S21
  • on the Flipz4 logout of the Fitbit App
  • clear the storage cache, force stop it and swipe off the Fitbit App active window
  • restart the phone and watch
  • login and go to the phone home screen without closing the app
  • click on the sync popup, and wait for the pair and link prompts and sync.

If that doesn't succeed you can via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support. They can help with the next steps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I could downvote Guy's response.  Don't bother trying it!!!

This is a known issue & has been known for at least a month.  After the latest Samsung update, the phones are having trouble with Bluetooth and 3rd party apps, including Fitbit.  You would think Fitbit would get on top of this as we are in the thick of the Christmas season.

I have a Samsung Z-Flip 3 & Fitbit Charge 4 and just started having this issue last night after the update started.  Here are links to more discussion:

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Store-Apps-more/Bluetooth-issues-emerge-in-stable-Samsung...

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/No-sync-after-Samsung-One-UI-5-Android-13-Software-Updat...

Best Answer

I updated my Galaxy Z-Flip and now my fitbit won't sync either.  I've tried everything you have a well.  I reached out to customer support but haven't gotten an answer. 

Best Answer

Fitbit doesnt respond and isnt planning to fix it regardless of their devices being useless across multiple samsung devices.

Instead they post useless time consuming workarounds that get you nowhere to keep us busy, like the first reaction. This issue has been known for almost 3 weeks now...

Best Answer

I called Fitbit customer service the issue is on their end and they said they were working on the issue... a couple hours later my fitbit connected to my phone.

Best Answer

I called Fitbit customer service the issue is on their end and they said they were working on the issue... a couple hours later my fitbit connected to my phone.

Best Answer

What devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Luxe,  charge 4 and charge 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 4 won't sync to my galaxy Z Flip. 

Best Answer

Have the same problems with a Samsung Z Flip4 and a Charge4.

All these steps recommended by Guy won't work. It is a Samsumg problem unfortunately.
It takes a very long time befor Samsung to come up with a fix. That is a shame.

Best Answer

Same issue with Z Flip3 and Charge 4.

Says a lot negatively about customer service.  Tried connecting an Amazon brand watch with no issues.  As an earlier poster stated; ...it's in the middle of Christmas season..., and other brands do work and the want the sales. Guess its time to boot Fitbit out. 

Best Answer

I honestly think its game over for fitbit. Any company experiencing these knd of issues would have released an update within a week with competent devs. Or prevented this by systematic testing of android or ios releases. Something amiss in the core of fitbit dev. They will lose a lot of turnover around the season and will see that a half year from now.

Best Answer

Agree completely....something is strange that the fitbit developers and code engineers are not aware .....and/or completely caught these people off guard...and hopefully they are scrambling to write new code for a work around or ultimately an Update.

Best Answer

If not, then they should be giving consumers their money back.  

Best Answer

I agree with Greg1982.

I have had this problem with my Charge 5 and Flipz4.

Called customer service and went through all of the procedures with no avail.

Was told its a problem with the latest Samsung update back in late November.

Cant understand why two powerhouse companies cannot resolve this issue with fixing the code.

Bad time of year for this to happen, will surely hurt Fitbit sales...

Best Answer

HOOOOLEEEEEE COW!!!!!  I have been able to get my Charge 4 to sync with my Flip 3 phone this morning.  Well, AT LEAST ONCE!  Here is the cockamimie workaround process I used; I will try it with my wife's Luxe & Flip 3 phone this afternoon.

Process:

1.  Make sure you have the latest Fitbit App.

2.  I deleted my Charge 4 from the app long ago & have not been able to re-add it.  I suggest deleting your watch from the app.

3.  Tap the top left "Account" button (blue), then tap "Set up Device".

4.  Follow the prompts, & get to the screen where it starts searching for your watch.  Mine & I think everyones always finds the watch, but it just sits there trying to connect for ~ 5 minutes.  The app then throws up the 3 troubleshooting steps.

5.  Before you click "Try Again", with your watch on the charger, reboot it.  For me, I went to "Settings", "About", then "Reboot Device".  

6.  ONLY AFTER REBOOTING YOUR WATCH, wait 5-6 seconds, and THEN click "Try Again".  

Not expecting this to work, I walked away to the copier at work, came back to my desk a minute later, and about spit out my coffee when the phone dinged at me.  It asked for the pairing code from my Fitbit, and the Fitbit had it displayed.

After putting in the code, another 5 minutes or so later, the app had one of the 1st tutorial screens up.  After going through all the tutorial/tips, my Charge 4 was finally synched to my phone.

Now for the bad news, the app quit synching with the watch again.  I had it on the charger and it wouldn't update steps or the battery percentage.

HELLO DEVELOPERS:  MAYBE THIS WILL HELP YOU FIND WHERE THE F'N PROBLEM IS!!!  GET TO WORK!!!

Best Answer

And just like that, I bricked my watch.  DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CLICK "CLEAR ALL DATA" FROM YOUR WATCH.  Mine now says "Download or update the Fitbit App to set up" with the FItbit logo and (the date from 2021 which I can't post in this forum?...really?) underneath.  I don't even have the time on the watch anymore.

Best Answer
I was able to link the watch following your steps. We'll see if it holds
the connection.
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat...I have a Flip 3 and can only get the logo and dated command to update app - which of course I have done and then uninstalled and done again and Uninstalled again and...grrrrrrrrrr

Best Answer