Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skiing feature on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have had a fitbit charge 2 since it was released in 2016 and have been very pleased with it. However I have been very attracted by the new charge 3 and what It comes with, particularly for the SP02 sensor and the possibility for it to track swimming. However, being an avid skier, even with the charge 2 I have proposed several times on the charge 2 forum if dedicated ski/snowboard activity tracking could be added, just as the biking option. So I was going to ask if between those 15 added dedicated activity tracking options accessible directly from the device there was also a skiing one. If it is not present, this may compromise my investment in the new device. Thanks.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Gserpetti4, thanks for your inquiry about the skiing activities.

I can't confirm at the moment if the Charge 3 will have this feature available, however, this idea is categorized as Under Consideration in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend that you vote for this suggestion and that you add your comments as well, this always helps to attract more attention from the team of developers for possible updates. 

I hope this helps. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

The Charge 3 help page is now up, including link to the manual. Your best bet is to check there for the most accurate information.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hello @Gserpetti4, thanks for your inquiry about the skiing activities.

I can't confirm at the moment if the Charge 3 will have this feature available, however, this idea is categorized as Under Consideration in the Feature Suggestion board of the Community. If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend that you vote for this suggestion and that you add your comments as well, this always helps to attract more attention from the team of developers for possible updates. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer

Really hope you add downhill skiing to the Charge 3 as an activity. It would make so much sense. If this doesn't happen can I manually add my downhill skiing sessions somehow? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KarlD, it's good to see you around in the forums for the first time. 

You can certainly manually add an activity though the Fitbit app by following the steps listed here. However, when trying to add this workout I was only able to see Skiing, Cross Country Skiing and Water Skiing. Don't forget to vote for the idea mentioned above, this is always useful to attract more attention from the team of developers. 

I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to have skiing on the Charge 3. I went skiing today and it recognized part of it as two cycling sessions.

Best Answer

Thank you for your comments @JohnArchitect, certainly it'd be great to have more specific trainings/workouts available to choose from, so they can be tracked more accurately. 

Don't forget to vote for this idea, this helps to attract more attention from the team of developers for possible updates in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only ski once or twice a year but I was disappointed that downhill skiing wasn't available as one of the activity. 

IMHO, although technically fitbit may not be able to track the activity in details, at least it should offer a generic activity to track the route and speed (using GPS or connected GPS), elevations and heartbeat. 

As a workaround, I am using bike to track my downhill ski. But wouldn't it be cooler for fitbit to support it officially?

Best Answer

What is the point of this forum?

Everyone:  Please add skiing!!!!!!!

Fitbit:  I hear ya.

...........(zero action for years and years).

Fitbit forum:  Solved!

Do you know how many people in Colorado, Utah, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California, Vermont, Wyoming, Montana, Canada, Europe Etc would enjoy this feature?  Only a small fraction of them care enough to go on the forum and make a post.  Take the hint.

Best Answer