Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep not automatically tracking on Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 is not automatically tracking my sleep. The only way it will track is if I manually tell it that I am going to sleep and that I’m awake. I reset the Fitbit and tried it again last night but did not track again. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
55 REPLIES 55

How do you do this on the computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KimD. How do you do it on the computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’ve just purchased charge 3 and I’m up and down at night when I go to sleep now it will track the first couple of hours then when I get up for a couple of hours then go back to bed I was wondering if it will keep tracking my sleep for that correct day and also my charge 3 watch says not tracking sleep when up, is this normal.

Many thanks

Best Answer

I have an iPhone 11 and iPad Pro (first generation) but with the iPad don’t seem to find the charge 3 under Bluetooth but when I get my sleep score on phone it will appear on iPad 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my sleep but it will track it when I first fall asleep but when I wake up it will stop then when I return to bed and sleep it will track it on the next day ? Weird....also when I’m asleep my bpm would rate about 109 is this ok

Best Answer
0 Votes

I track my logs on iPad and iPhone 11

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the late response I use an iPad and iPhone 11

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned a fitbit charge 3 for a few months now and it has never tracked my sleep where the fit bit 2 had no issues.  

The fitbit screen says sleep not tracked, but everything is set properly.   Seems to me the fitbit is the problem 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit charge 3 tracks sleep automatically so when you wake do you open your Fitbit app and resync it also do you have all-day sync switched on 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do I check for all day sync?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Open Fitbit app
Press top left corner of the Fitbit app
Press on your your device you have (charge 3)
Scroll down and you will see all-day sync (make sure that’s selected)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay thanks, it's on 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called Fitbit directly and my Charge 3 is working with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to Davey137 and others in these forums.  My Charge 3 and iOS app did not give me a sleep score for the first week.  I made the following changes and now I've had a sleep score consistently for the past week. Here is what I did:

1. Clear all prior data/links - I erased the Fitbit program on my desktop computer, erased the bluetooth connection from my iPhone to the Fitbit, cleared data and restarted the Fitbit using the Settings menu (Settings -> About -> Clear User Data & Reboot).  

2. iPhone to Fitbit - set up a bluetooth connection to Fitbit 

3. iPhone Fitbit App Settings - (i) Turn off "All-day sync" (the sync will occur when you turn on the Fitbit app); (ii) Set your Target sleep schedule (i.e., 9pm-6am).

4. Sleep Score - When I wake up, I open the app and the iPhone and Fitbit sync, download info to the app, and analyze/calculate a sleep score.  I did notice that the 1st time I turn on the app each day, it has a hard time sync'ing, but if I wait a few minutes, the sync will occur the 2nd/3rd times I open the app.

Note: When going to sleep, DO NOT turn on the "Begin Sleep Now" feature in the app.  Seems counterintuitive, but I read it in these forums and it worked.  Now I just go to sleep, and now everything works fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it that clicking “start sleep now” in app doesn’t track sleep cycles, but letting the Fitbit track of automatically does? Mine doesn’t seem to track if properly on its own, saying I only slept 1.5 hours when I had 6 or more. 

I would like to start and end sleep through the app so I know the hours are accurate but still get the detailed data of REM, light and deep sleep. Why is that not possible?

Best Answer

It worked perfectly in charge 2, but never for charge 3, I regret upgrading actually feels like a downgrade or broken product.

Best Answer
0 Votes