Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep reminder not working on my Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just replaced my Charge 2 with a Charge 4 and am really missing my sleep reminders! They come up on my phone (pointless as I don't wear my phone) but not my watch, as they used to with the Charge 2. My DND time is set for half an hour after my reminder is due, so I don't think that is the issue. Have tried deleting and resetting the time to no avail. I have unpaired my old (not working) Charge 2.  I can see this issue in other threads but I can't see the solution anywhere - please help as it's so frustrating.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Mia34. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. At this time, I'd like to let you know that in order to see a bedtime reminder on your Fitbit device, make sure notifications from the Fitbit app are turned on. For instructions, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

In addition, please make sure that Sleep Mode isn't activated on your Charge 4. When this mode is activated: 

• Notifications/reminders don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

To change this, press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Mia34. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. At this time, I'd like to let you know that in order to see a bedtime reminder on your Fitbit device, make sure notifications from the Fitbit app are turned on. For instructions, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

In addition, please make sure that Sleep Mode isn't activated on your Charge 4. When this mode is activated: 

• Notifications/reminders don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

To change this, press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
Thank you but this has not resolved the issue and my sleep reminder is still not working

* My DND (22:30-07:30) is set for much later than my sleep reminder time (22:00)
* I have checked my settings - I am receiving whatsapp notifications, so I am sure notifications are should be working

I notice that I am also not receiving reminders to move (I thought it was because I have been moving but my dashboard says not.

If you could help further, I would appreciate it as I am having such a disappointing experience.

Thank you
Best Answer

Please see my reply below. I also note that the Health metrics aren't working. Does anything work in the Charge 4?!

Best Answer

@Mia34 Thank you for your reply. 

I understand how you are feeling and I appreciate the feedback provided. At this time, I'd recommend performing a restart to your Charge 4 to see if that makes any difference. For the restart, please follow the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If you already tried that or if that doesn't work, my best recommendation is that you please contact our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times have been longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried that but now I get a bunch of fitbit app notifications on my fitbit device that I don't want. the only fitbit notification I want is a reminder to sleep. it shouldn't be this complicated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to say that I agree with you! My issue was never resolved. Sometimes I get a notification for a while but more often I don't.  I have the same issue with phone call notifications & was told the phone needs to be next to my Fitbit?!! I gave up on both problems but lost my love of Fitbit 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes