Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep showing while I am awake with baby

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently started tracking again now that I have had my baby.  I noticed the other night that even though I was up with her in the middle of the night it registered as full nights sleep.  Then last night, I was up from 3 am to 4am, then again at 5am for 10 or 15 minutes, then woke up with her at 6:15.  My fitbit registered my sleep as being from 11:39pm to 6:31am with 8 times awake, 13 times restless, and 37 min awake/restless.  So it says I slept 6 hours and 15 minutes.  How can I get it to register when I am up with the baby in the middle of the night.  I am not just sitting still either, I get up, check the baby, make a bottle, take her to her room to change her, go back to the other room to feed her, rock her a while, then put her back down, then walk back to bed.  At 5 am I walked to the back door to let the dogs out.  At 6:15 I checked the time because I heard her fussing, got up, went and made her bottle.  I wish I had slept 6 hours straight last night, but sadly that isn't the case!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @wintermist79, welcome to the Fitbit forums. Heart

Having a baby sounds like a really nice adventure but it also sounds like a tired routine, hope you get to sleep more in the next months. About the tracker not recording you're times awake properly, I suggest changing the sensitivity of the sleep from your Fitbit account, then restart the tracker and sync it to your account so it can pick up the new information.

Give it a try and let me know if you have questions.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @wintermist79, welcome to the Fitbit forums. Heart

Having a baby sounds like a really nice adventure but it also sounds like a tired routine, hope you get to sleep more in the next months. About the tracker not recording you're times awake properly, I suggest changing the sensitivity of the sleep from your Fitbit account, then restart the tracker and sync it to your account so it can pick up the new information.

Give it a try and let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer

That worked for the most part.  Example, I was up at 5 am feeding and changing her. Was up about an hour with her then went back to sleep.  But it has seemed more accurate than before.  Screenshot_2017-08-07-15-50-58.png

Best Answer

Aloha my friend @wintermist79, it's nice to see you again! I'm glad to know that the tips I provided above helped you to improve the accuracy of the sleep tracker. I invite you to continue digging in our Community, you can find here the option to suggest your ideas to change and improve our products and services, you can also find awesome discussions where you can make new friends, find other Fitbitters sharing their experiences and motivation and much more.

Hope to see you around the forums more often! Cat Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

It hasn't helped yet. Question:Fitbit says I was sleeping when I read in bed so data is very incorrect.

Is there anything I can do to alter that?

The activity that seems impossible today, will soon be your warm-up
Best Answer

@Bobbinyc  I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you experienced with your tracker recording sleep when you were reading. 

This happens as a result of you not moving for about an hour. Your tracker assumed that you're asleep. Additional data like the length of time of your movements are indicative of sleep behavior help confirm that you’re asleep. 

In this case, what you can do to fix the sleep log is to edit it. Please follow the steps on this article in order to do so. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes