Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps and calories on Charge HR didn't reset last night

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night my calories were about 2500. I put my fitbit on the charger and put it back on this morning. The date, time, and steps are all correct (not even 3,000 steps yet), but it says I have burned over 5,000 calories today. Because the date and time are correct, it should have reset to 0 calories at midnight, so I dont think the 2500 from yesterday would account towards this 5,000. 

However, I very clearly have not burned 5,000 calories today- even with BMR it should be around 1500 without any exercise. Any idea why it suddenly surged?

Side note: I also have tried to reset it by plugging it into the charging port, holding down the side button for 12 seconds until the model name comes up, then unplugging it. It won't reset and still shows the same stats. (3,000 steps, 5,000 calories)

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @SLFISCH, welcome to the Fitbit Community  Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that steps and calories on your Fitbit Charge HR didn't reset during the night. Thanks a lot for restarting your tracker, that was the best thing to do.

Now, even when this didn't reset the actual number of calories burned and steps, this should have reset your tracker to prevent this from happening again, so if you notice this happening again after this, let me know and I'll be happy to take a deeper look.

Anything else you may need, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes