Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not showing , and walked for an hour and a half only showing an hour.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi on more than one occasion I have walked home for 30 minutes and my steps have been missing by about 500 . I have then walked for an hour and only 30 minutes shown . The only thing I can think of is that I have started to listening to music on my iPhone whilst walking , and have taken the odd phone call . Would this be interfering . 

Beginning to find it really disheartening 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Steps don't show on dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps don't shoe on dashboaed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get a response?  My Charge2 is only randomly showing steps I have walked.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No I didn't get a reply, it's beginning to wind me up , did half an hour walk today to work , it said I only did 15 minutes, . Monday I walked and again it missed off half an hour, sometimes I am watching as I walk and the steps are not moving .

Sounds like you are having the same problem

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Popey wrote:

Hi on more than one occasion I have walked home for 30 minutes and my steps have been missing by about 500 . I have then walked for an hour and only 30 minutes shown . The only thing I can think of is that I have started to listening to music on my iPhone whilst walking , and have taken the odd phone call . Would this be interfering . 

How far is it to school, or what is the true step count for this walk?

Hello @Popey, im having a small problem understanding what your saying.

First question, How are you tracking your walk home? Do you manual start the tracking mode on the Charge 2, or do you let the tracker decide what your doing. Without knowing what mode is being used, we can not answer, or gove any insight into the time difference. 

Lets talk about steps, how many steps do you take durring this time period appose to how many does the tracker record? How was tye 500 step loss determined? 

Have you done a simple step count test yet?

Put the tracker manually into the walk mode

Start walking with one foot, counting every time the other foot steps.

After say 100 or 500 hundred steps stop, multiply your steps counted by two and compare them with the tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi . I am confused now lol. When I do say a 30 minute walk, when I get home and look at my iPad to update etc, it says I have only been walking 15 minutes .
Sometimes I might walk an hour , again when I get home it says I have only been walking 30 minutes . It misses time walked and the steps , as I know roughly how many steps I do to work and I always go the same route , for some reason 15 minutes have not logged, unless I have been abducted by aliens mid walk ,

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just contacted the help desk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am wondering if the unit only last so long. A few days ago a friend a I walked just over 10 miles (each:)) and fitbit showed less than 5 miles. Sunday, I walked for 40 minutes and it did not register the last day of 'exercise this week'. Yesterday and today so far it is working fine. Missing the correct steps and/or weekly walking is not a big deal. It does seem that the charge is not holding as long as it used to. Just wondering how long a fitbit actually lasts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes