Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not updating on my friends list

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! Although my steps are syncing when I go to my friends list they haven’t updated. Ive tried turning off my iPhone and iPad, updating Fitbit and syncing several times over the day, but steps on friends list have stayed the same. Help please! 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @EvieD! Thanks for bringing this to my attention and thanks for the steps you've already tried. Nice way to go! 

It's possible the app is not updating the information correctly. To refresh the information, please try the following:

• Force-close the app by double tapping the home button and swiping up the app.
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone once again and log back in. 

If the issue persists, I'd suggest to check this on the web-based Dashboard to see if your friends list is not updating in that platform either. 

If the list works on the web-based Dashboard, please send me screen of what you're getting on your Fitbit app so I can go from there. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My steps update in the app on the “today” screen, but my steps don’t update with the new 7day total on my friends list. I followed your suggestions and it still didn’t work. The dashboard online shows my 7 day total but the app won’t update. I took screenshots and can send them to you if that helps. Thanks!

Best Answer

Here it is September 2020 and this still happens. I can't get my steps to update on the Friends page. It has not updated all day. I shut down the app every time I open it to use it and reboot the iPhone. I even updated the app from the app store. Reopened the app and still, the same number of steps are showing for me. If there is an algorithm that only allows a certain number of updates per day then fine but we should be made aware of this. Otherwise, this is clearly a server-side bug and should be fixed.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue.

Best Answer

Similar issue just popped up for me in January 2023: my friends’ steps update but mine don’t. Closed the app, reinstalled the app, no change. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Same issue  as Brett. I got my weekly summary to find I have no steps reported compared to my friends (for the most part I don’t watch the community area but enjoy seeing it on the email). 

I restated the app and my tracker. 
I logged out of the app, I’ve uninstalled, and re-installed the app. No change.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found on another discussion:

click on your picture

scroll past Set up device to

Social and Sharing

under privacy, change average daily steps to allow friends to see it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks "meroad" , worked perfectly as you described !

Best Answer
0 Votes