Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Charge 2 from asking if I want to use location services

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I go for a walk the app asks me if I want to use location services. I tap no thank you. The next time I look at the app while I'm walking to check my steps it asks again. Every time I go back to the app it asks me again. I don't even want to be asked. This didn't start happening until the last update. I find it incredibly annoying.  I've searched through the forums and I saw one or two things but they didn't give specific instructions and instructions they did seem to suggest a several steps that perhaps applied to an older version of the firmware. It's annoying enough that it makes me not want to use Fitbit.  It was working fine I didn't change anything and now it started doing this about a month ago. If it isn't broken don't fix it!

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

I had the same problem after upgrading to iOS 14.8 on a Charge 4. Here’s how I find it.
Looking at my Fitbit in iOS Settings > Fitbit > Location it was set to Always and greyed out so I couldn’t change it. 
On Settings > Privacy > Location Services it was set to Off. 
I changed the setting to On. 
This immediately opened a list of apps that use Location Services and Fitbit was set as either Ask Next Time or Always (I can’t remember which). 
I changed the setting to Never. 
then I switched off Privacy > Location Services. 
Next I checked Settings > Fitbit and Location was set to Never. 

opened Fitbit and wasn’t asked for GPS settings. 

Best Answer