Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for the Charge 2 on the Motorola "Moto G6 Plus" phone running Android 8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Just wondering what plans (if any) Fitbit have for supporting the Charge 2 on the Motorola "Moto G6 Plus" phone running Android 8. I've just upgraded from a Samsun S4 Mini where it all just worked. The Charge 2 just won't synch with my Moto G6 Plus.

As the Moto G6 Plus is running stock Android then I'd have expected it to work "out of the box", or does the Charge 2 not work on Android 8 (Oreo) on any device?

Regards

Bob

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@BobyK27 Hello!

Unfortunately the Moto G6/G6 Plus isn't on the compatible devices list. This means what while you can still use the Fitbit App, there is no guarantee that it will not work. If your devices isn't syncing however, I would suggest to go to your phone's Bluetooth settings, remove all the devices paired, and then try and sync with Charge 2 again. Also, you can check out the link to this page: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@BobyK27 Hello!

Unfortunately the Moto G6/G6 Plus isn't on the compatible devices list. This means what while you can still use the Fitbit App, there is no guarantee that it will not work. If your devices isn't syncing however, I would suggest to go to your phone's Bluetooth settings, remove all the devices paired, and then try and sync with Charge 2 again. Also, you can check out the link to this page: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer

@BobyK27 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing!  Sorry to hear that your Charge 2 isn't syncing with your new phone. As @kk15405 explained this isn't listed as a compatible device but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks both,

I tried all the help in forums and on the Motorola website before posting, so guess I'm stuck with a lack of synching (unless it suddenly starts working with an update to the app).

Bob

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope you are doin' great @BobyK27! I appreciate the time you have taken to try some tips to make your Charge 2 sync with your Moto G6 Plus. As @AlvaroFitbit mentioned, since this phone model isn't on the compatible devices list, I'm afraid that connectivity issues will be there until our team add it on the mentioned list. So I will appreciate your time and patience into this matter. 

Have a nice day!

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

All, just to let you know that My Moto G6 Plus is now at Android 9 (Oreo) and has the June updates installed. It also has the current FitBit app installed.

My Charge 2 is back and working!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes