Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim stats completely inaccurate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I go swimming, the data recorded by my fitbit is completely wrong. It counts almost 2x the amount of laps (and distance) as I actually swim. Today I swam 1400m and my fitbit recorded 2350m. This happens every time, and there isn't even an option to edit the data manually. I have entered the correct pool length (50m), the device just appears to register the lengths completely incorrectly. This is immensely frustrating, especially since there's no way to even fix it manually. I'm better off not even wearing the thing and adding the data manually. This really is super disappointing, especially considering swimming is one of my main forms of exercise and I was hoping to no longer have to keep count of my laps in my head. 

Anyone any ideas on fixing this issue? 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @SansNoblesse, welcome to the community, your problem is unusual, I don't think I've seen a post on this issue before. You are swimming 28 lengths of a 50M pool and have your charge 4 set at 50 meters pool length, I assume you synchronized your charge 4 with your phone app after making these settings and are not experiencing any difficulty synchronizing your charge 4 after exercise. You are recording 47 lengths of the pool on your device in error. I would suspect a faulty sensor in your charge 4, under these circumstances I think you will be best served by contacting "Customer Support" here (click the button at the bottom of the page).

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, I've just bought the Fitbit Charge 4 primarily to track my swims. I swim in an ocean pool of 75m. The first time it auto recorded with the default settings (25m) so it recorded 2 x the amount of laps, it was inaccurate but I didn't worry as I knew the settings were wrong. After changing them to the correct distance and synching the same happened. It recorded double the amount of laps.

Did you manage to solve this issue @SansNoblesse ?

Thanks in advance....

Best Answer

I have this issue too.  During the spring, autumn, winter, I swim indoors in a 25m pool.  I have set SWIM as one of the exercise types from the dashboard.  When i select SWIM, the pool is set to 25m.  It generally counts fairly accurately, such as 24 lengths +/- 2.

However in the Summer I swim outdoors in a 50m pool.   I set the pool length to 50m.  But today for instance I swam 20 lengths and it registered 38, and it's consistently way over.   I am not stopping half way or anything silly, but may for instance change speed slightly or vary my stroke technique.   Also I am not using kickboard and am wearing fitbit on wrist, so should be picking up the arm movement.   

How is it supposed to recognise end of each length?

I tried setting to OUTDOOR WORKOUT one day, but it did not pick up GPS so only registered heartrate.   

Best Answer
0 Votes