Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tens of thousands of steps added while sleeping-Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ten, twenty even thirty thousand steps will be added in a span of 15 minutes. 15 minutes everything. And I know I'm not superman. Why is this doing that? It really screws all my stats up.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ponyboy4585.

Thank you for the information provided.

If your Fitbit Charge 4 was placed on a surface near an electrical appliance issuing vibrations, your Tracker might have recorded them as steps. I would recommend putting your Fitbit device on a different place to see if the issue gets resolved.

Whether the above is not your case, the dominant wrist setting decreases the sensitivity of step counting and should reduce any over counting of steps when your body is not moving. You can find this setting in the online Dashboard at fitbit.com > Settings > Devices > Charge 4 > Wrist.

In addition, I would recommend restarting your tracker by following these steps.

If necessary, you can negate the extra data by following the instructions in this article in the menu "How do I delete steps and floors in the Fitbit app?".

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  It is on my dominant wrist and does it while i sleep. Happens every 2 weeks like clockwork. Wake on a Tuesday or Wednesday to find 10000 steps added. I had to delete the whole day even the steps i earned ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Artrese.

Thank you for the information provided.

Whether you have linked your Fitbit account to a third party-app, the activities logged from their side can add steps to your Fitbit account. Manually logged activities can also add extra steps. You can delete any manually logged activity or any activity from a third-party app to remove those extra steps.

If the information above is not related to your case, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i wish i can say that was the case but its not and I don't log anything manually I let fitbit either records it on its own or I hit the treadmill button to capture my workouts. it feels like a bug in the software more than my use. I have used probably 6 fitbits since 2012 and this is the first one to do this on a regular basis

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response, @Artrese.

Thank you for being a Fitbit user for so long.

In this case, you can get in touch with Customer Support through the link shared above. I'm pretty sure that they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please fix this glitch! Or bug! Or this whatever! If not I am going to be forced to use another tracker. This is an important tool for maintaining good health. Fo your job, instead of blaming

Best Answer
0 Votes