Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bluetooth on my fitbit is broken, it wont connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

First of all, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed having my Fitbit for the last 3 weeks, its been great fun tracking steps against friends and family. This is the main reason why i'm so frustrated as I love wearing the fitbit! 

The fitbit started by displaying the wrong time - I then went through the relevant steps and it worked again. 

It then worked for another 3 days. Before doing the same thing again. However this time, after following all the relevant steps to get it to work. The bluetooth is now broken and it won't connect to my phones bluetooth (This does work as tested on other bluetooth devices). 

I'm not sure what is left to do - should I get a replacement?

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128

Just wanted to share my experience, my Fitbit flex 2 won’t connect to my phone through Bluetooth either. This is fairly recent, as it was working from mid-August to mid-October. Prior to that the connection wouldn’t work for 4 months. My iPhone can connect to other Bluetooth devices but it cannot find the Fitbit. Thankfully I can still connect through my iPad. I don’t know why this issue can’t be fixed for good...very frustrating for sure. When I give up...I will not repurchase a Fitbit product. But like you...when it works it is great ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem but with Android.  Bluetooth works elsewhere but not with Fitbit.  I like to see my sleep.  Steps are fine. It's 3 or 4 yrs old.  Bummed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've only had mine since February 2020, I'm in the same predicament too. I woke up and looked at my watch saying it was 5.30am. I had to check my phone for the correct time which was 8.20am. I reset the device multiple times, deleted and re-set the device to pair on the app. Delete the device from Bluetooth and tried to find it. No avail. I called the Fitbit customer service, where I was instructed to factory reset my Fitbit. Now that it's factory reset, it's no longer a watch. And because it's not connecting, and the Bluetooth isn't being detected, I can no longer set it back up again. 

Is this a scheme where Fitbit intentionally renders older models to become broken to make their customers buy the current newer and expensive models? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

all checked, still nothing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello…just wanted to let others know that Bluetooth does not always connect to my Fitbit flex2. The connection issues usually start when I do an IOS update on my iPhone  or iPad. It seems like it takes Fitbit a couple of months to do an update of their own that fixes the Bluetooth connection issues. In the meantime I have been able to get the connection to work using these solutions. 
1. Only have the Fitbit app open on one device. If I am going for a walk my iPhone will connect to my Fitbit Flex2 as soon as I am out of range from my iPad. Most of the time I will have to go to settings - Bluetooth - forget this device then let Bluetooth find my flex again. I sometimes have to close (empty cache) the app and reopen it to get the connection to work.

2. if I want to connect to my IPad I first have to close the Fitbit app on my iPhone. Then I go to setting -Bluetooth on my iPad and look to see if the Flex2 is connected.  If it can’t find the Flex2 I go to the Fitbit app and try to do a sync anyway. If this doesn’t work…I give up and let it sit for about 20 minutes…it usually connects and works after that.

3. I watch for Fitbit app updates….when it comes the IOS and Fitbit operate better again.

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. Essentially the fitbit bluetooth is broken so the device is now useless for my purposes and needs to be thrown away. More electronic waste. On principle though I cannot now buy another ftbit, as much as I have enjoyed using it.

Best Answer

yes, same issues as everyone else, Fitbit versa 2 and only 4/5 months old!

Sick of reset.install/uninstall nothing works, my samsungs21 simply won't sync to it!
Now have red cross appearing saying data not cleared sync and try again! LOL omg if only that would work

i have tried on another phone and EXACT same issues bluetooth wont work so definitely the watch!

Been told to wait on Fitbit tech, hmmmm

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just to let you know that I am using Garmin now ... 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am glad you make that choice and I hope that you are enjoying your new Garmin.

I had to get a replacement from Fitbit let's see how long that lasts for

Best Answer
0 Votes