Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bluetooth on my fitbit is broken, it wont connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

First of all, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed having my Fitbit for the last 3 weeks, its been great fun tracking steps against friends and family. This is the main reason why i'm so frustrated as I love wearing the fitbit! 

The fitbit started by displaying the wrong time - I then went through the relevant steps and it worked again. 

It then worked for another 3 days. Before doing the same thing again. However this time, after following all the relevant steps to get it to work. The bluetooth is now broken and it won't connect to my phones bluetooth (This does work as tested on other bluetooth devices). 

I'm not sure what is left to do - should I get a replacement?

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128
I found it does eventually reconnect. If you have had an update try turning
your phone off and back on. If all else fails contact fitbit customer
services with it still being under warranty and see what they can do. I
have now upgraded to the charge 2 and it still does it occassionally.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it does still happen, no idea why or what eventually fixes It. Feels like server side because killing the session by reinstalling or booting the device does not always solve the issue. No response from Fitbit. I'm amazed they would leave a high severity issue live this long.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. My phone is updated and my internet and Bluetooth work with other devices, but the Fitbit isn’t recognized by my Bluetooth. 

Best Answer

I have tried all these steps. The Fitbit is charged, everything is updated, but won’t connect to my laptop or phone. 

Best Answer

Be found this still happens from time to time but the only thing that solves is is something on the server. Fitbit should be more forthcoming with the root cause

@SarahLynn510 wrote:

I have tried all these steps. The Fitbit is charged, everything is updated, but won’t connect to my laptop or phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up resetting the Fitbit while it’s on the charger. Now everything works.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I too have lost bluetooth connection and have wasted several hours going through all the steps previously advised all to no avail. It's in the trash now.

Best Answer
Have you tried resetting it while it’s in the charger? That’s what solved my problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They ended up sending me a new one.  Old one could not be fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of the troubleshooting in the world wouldn't keep my One from repeatedly losing Bluetooth connection.  Customer Service is not interested in spending any more time on it, preferring instead to offer a discount on a new product.  I decided to test the dongle method and found that it works.  It means having to turn my PC Bluetooth connection off during the syncing and then back on for other devices, but at least I am able to regularly sync and carry on with the Fitbit fun. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked perfectly.  The steps are clear and easy to follow.  I had done factory resets and cleared all bluetooth connections to anything at all.  I could see that the phone was registering my fitbit in a number of attempts because there was a little flash on the app screen, but still would not actually connect.  THANK YOU!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having all the same issues. Tried all the steps mentioned above at least a thousand times! Been almost a week without tracker driving me crazy!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Check to see if your Bluetooth is connected to another device. May need to forget a device 

Roger Haller
Principal - IT Talent Finder
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow same issue with my Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what is going on with these devices.  A couple of weeks ago we downloaded a bluetooth-related Windows 10 update.  Like magic, my One was syncing without the dongle again.  Haven't had a problem with it since.  Today I received a Fitbit Flex 2 as a gift, and it too is auto-syncing.  Could be a coincidence, I suppose, but I don't think it would hurt to check your Windows update history to ensure you've applied any bluetooth updates that may be available.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try a reset
Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same is happening to me! I tried everything suggested multiple times! My Fitbit is not registering on any form of Bluetooth, not my phone anymore, or my laptop or any friends phones for that matter. The exact same happened to my mum about a month before me. We both got them for Christmas and now neither of them are working! We don’t want want to buy another one  both are unreliable. Thinking of getting an Apple Watch instead if there’s no no solution, which it doesn’t sound like there is.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Bluetooth stopped working this morning. I updated my phone to the latest version, charged my Fitbit fully and turned it off and on, turned my phone off and on, turned my Bluetooth off and on and nothing.  I read your suggestion of restarting the Fitbit 3x and it worked!  Thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all of the steps listed here and nothing is working. Flex synced at 8:26am this morning and nothing since. All I get is a Bluetooth issue error now. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the Fitbit app; the device itself, turned bluetooth on/off, turned phone on/off...all to no avail.
I just returned the brand new Versa I bought because it had too many bugs and now my older (usually faithful) Flex is not syncing. I am about to give up completely on Fitbit products.

Best Answer

So, I'm not sure if this happens to others who post a comment, or if it's to whomever wrote the original post, which was me with my Fitbit not working . .  But I literally receive an email for every post that someone else who has the same or similar issue.  Wish I could help.  I know sometimes out of the blue, mine will synch.  It seems to do better when I have my Fitbit charging and then my app synching.  I'm hoping someone who does understand, actually can comment on the thread.  Good luck!  I love using my Fitbit as it's how I stay connected with friends and family with our step challenge.  I feel better when I see on the challenge that my daughter had synched as she's across the other side of the world.  She does get worried when she can't synch, but at least I can then have more steps 😉.  Hope it works again.

Best Answer
0 Votes