Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The bluetooth on my fitbit is broken, it wont connect to my phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

First of all, I just want to say that I have really enjoyed having my Fitbit for the last 3 weeks, its been great fun tracking steps against friends and family. This is the main reason why i'm so frustrated as I love wearing the fitbit! 

The fitbit started by displaying the wrong time - I then went through the relevant steps and it worked again. 

It then worked for another 3 days. Before doing the same thing again. However this time, after following all the relevant steps to get it to work. The bluetooth is now broken and it won't connect to my phones bluetooth (This does work as tested on other bluetooth devices). 

I'm not sure what is left to do - should I get a replacement?

Best Answer
128 REPLIES 128
Yes I hoped for an answer as I read thru all of the other posts first and tried anything listed but nothing helped. I guess i can't complain since it's an old version now (Flex 2) but the Versa was way worse and wouldn't connect or sync at all so I returned it. Looking at an Alta now but without any support for the products, seriously wondering if it's worth it. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

I need assistance.  My fitbit charge hr is doing the same thing! I had to purchase a new phone due to multiple issues, one of which being that my Bluetooth didn't seem to be working and was unable to pair with devices including my fitbit. So, after purchasing a new phone I downloaded the fitbit app and added my charge hr to this device. The first time I was able to sync in 5 months so I was incredibly relieved, however, that was short lived. 1 month later I am back in the same boat. I have tried the trouble shoot options given for my cellphone (power off and on etc) and my computer to no prevail. I do not have charging issues which was one of the "problems" that another fitbit support member mentioned and the charge hr works perfectly other than this. When I attempt to sync to the phone a message pops up saying that the connection  was denied by charge hr. What else can I do? Tech support has been no help over the phone since they don't seem to understand my issue and keep giving me the same trouble shooting options. Help!!! Please and thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not syncing to or visible to my phone either all of a sudden?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have similar issue as posts I read about problems to sync with phone or computer. On computer it just does not start sync on app it says FBBlueDomain Error3. Can you help what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry, not famiar with this error. If you tried rebooting computer and
Fitbit, don't have any other ideas. Perhaps message Fitbit directly,if no
one else has a solution. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I cannot help, I'm sorry. Mine was apparently broken. I returned it and did not buy another.
Best Answer

Ok, thanks

Kind regards,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The original error was due to conflicting Fitbit applications on my iPad and my iPhone. Bluetooth would not connect to one while connected to the other 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HHalyna Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with syncing. 

On the Fitbit app, please try forgetting the device in your Bluetooth settings. Then, pair your tracker back to your account. That should help you out with this. Also, check if you have any firmware updates available and update if there are any.

@zumbacat @Thoracias @Cowboylogic I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing your experiences and help on this thread.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What about if none of the above works? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. I've reset both my Charge and my phone what feels like hundreds of times, but nothing is working. I've gone through the trouble shooting steps of restarting both the Fitbit device and my phone to no avail. My Fitbit still can't be found, and I'm afraid of losing all my data from the past few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I have Fitbit Versa almost 5 months. It worked perfectly fine until 3 weeks ago it started showing the wrong time and now the clock keeps behind the time. Versa won't sync either in my phone or computer - "tracker not found". I have tried to factory reset but now it won't work at all because the factory reset didn't finish and now I have this message "update your tracker" but nothing works because neither my computer or phone won't find my tracker. What should I do? Please help, I have tried everything and I don't know what do to next 😞 I really like this tracker and I want it to work, I had fantastic 5 months when it worked. 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very very frustrating, I'm having the same problem and done and looked for LITERALLY everything and nothing works...now I know why people are changing Fitbit watch to Samsung watch!!! Samsung is sooooooo much easier to use and you don't have to have your location on or link to any app or download any other apps... I should of gotten Samsung watch a long time ago...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Help! I'm having the same problem - I'm just back from Glastonbury festival and as I had my Bluetooth and mobile data off most of the time to save phone battery, my Charge2 didn't really sync well all weekend.  Then on the last day when the battery started getting really low, I noticed the time on my fitbit was a few hours out of sync.  I've come home, fully charged both my phone and the fitbit without problem but they still aren't syncing.  It's as if the Bluetooth in the fitbit is no longer working as my iPhone 6 cannot seem to find the Charge 2 anymore.

I've tried all the points listed:

• Turn off Bluetooth, turn it back on, and then open the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app and open it again.
  • Reboot your mobile device and then open the Fitbit app again.
  • Restart your tracker 2 or 3 times in a row
  • If your tracker didn't sync, try syncing with your computer.
  • If none of this works you can also try setting up as a new device. 

And nothing has worked.  I got to the final point where i deleted my Charge 2 in the Fitbit apo and tried to set it up again but now my phone can't recognise it.  Hence my conclusion that the bluetooth in the Charge 2 no longer works.

Is it the end of my fitbit?  Can anyone offer any other help?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello have you tried to reboot your Fitbit? It’s going to reset the entire Fitbit and any un synced data will be lost o my way I was able to sync again

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes...I’ve rebooted the Fitbit 3/4 times in a row....

Rachael Pugh

Sent from my iPhone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m afraid the lack of Fitbit support and the fact that my watch now has refused to write to my app for anything, even though I have a connection, has encouraged me to go out and buy an Apple Watch.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Magin. Mine is also doing this. It is like the blue tooth is broken. This is my 2nd watch. 1st one did this and it was replaced. Now my next one has started doing this. Can you help fix it permanently please

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done these steps but it still isn't working. And really we shouldn't have to keep resetting everything every couple of weeks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes