Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The option for "SCREEN WAKE" so the Fitbit turns on when I raise my wrist has disappeared...

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First, my Charge 4 went so dim I could hardly see anything on the screen.  I fixed that by changing the  BRIGHTNESS setting to NORMAL and that worked.  Now the "SCREEN WAKE" to turn on the screen when I turn my wrist or raise my arm has disappeared.  Even on the very rare occasion when the SCREEN WAKE option appears, it does not respond to my touch to turn it ON.  I have followed instructions on YouTube about this, but nothing recommended on that site works.  I am getting very discouraged with Fitbit!!  Please help.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

But what I am saying is that if you are in Sleep Mode, tapping on Screen Waked light bulb will do no good.  If you are in Sleep Mode, you have to get out of Sleep Mode before even considering screen wake.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Check Quick Settings to make sure you have not accidentally turned on Sleep Mode.  That makes the screen dim and prevents the screen from turning on with wrist turn so it will not wake you at night.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you.  I am aware that Sleep Mode is above where Screen Wake is "supposed" to be - BUT most of the time, Screen Wake does not even appear!  And when it does, no amount of tapping on the words Screen Wake, or on the icon above the words, will engage that "light bulb" symbol.  I have tried re-booting my Charge 4 two different ways - nothing helps.  It is very frustrating.  However, I appreciate your message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But what I am saying is that if you are in Sleep Mode, tapping on Screen Waked light bulb will do no good.  If you are in Sleep Mode, you have to get out of Sleep Mode before even considering screen wake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and thank you!  It worked!!  So easy - and yet so challenging!  As a result of this situation, I actually have a suggestion for Fitbit.  My device (and earlier devices from Fitbit) understandably contain very abbreviated indications for settings.  Is there, anywhere, a listing of all those indicators, like Sleep Mode and Screen Wake, that list what they "do," and how they interface with other internal "instructions"?  For example, without you, how would I have known that in order to deal with Screen Wake, I had to get out of Sleep Mode?  Or, how do I now know whether, before I go to sleep, I have to tap again on Sleep Mode to ensure that my  Charge 4 doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night?

Maybe this would be too complicated to post on the Fitbit website, but from my experience, it would be very helpful.  Again, MANY THANKS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand, and accidentally being in sleep mode is a common problem, especially since it is so easy to get to Quick Settings on most models and accidentally tap something without realizing it.  I would add, it would help if everyone would become familiar with all the Quick Settings options and what they do from the start, but I realize unfortunately Fitbit does not give out this advice.

The best I can off is this from the manual Quick Settings section:

JohnnyRow_0-1693417749915.png

Manuals can be found from  help.fitbit.com ; Click on fitbit model in question, then there is a link to the manual.  There might be a better link to all manuals.

About Sleep Mode, it also can be turned on in Full Settings, where you can schedule times for it to automatically go on and off, and for certain days of the week, say just for weekdays to not be bothered by notifications or screen wakes during sleep time.

Best Answer
0 Votes