Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The screen of my Charge 3 is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 3 and now the screen is too dim that I can’t even see the settings section to try and increase the brightness. I have tried a soft reset, but that didn’t work 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mkuck.

I'm sorry to hear that the display of your Fitbit Charge 3 is too dim. Thank you for the information provided and for trying to resolve the issue before contacting us.

In addition to the restart, you can perform a long restart by doing the following: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My screen is NOT bright at all. I have gone to setting and changed the screen brightness to auto, normal etc. but is does not change change the brightness. What else can I do? 

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Mkuck.

To evaluate this situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

I moved your last post to this conversation to keep the Community organized.

Please let us know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue. Is there a way to brightness screen thru the App?

Frustrating 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let us know your solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had my Charge 3 for just over 12 months. Over the last couple of weeks the display has been gradually dimming down. Set on normal brightness but now barely readable.

If it was a cheap Chinese knock off I’d not be surprised but Fitbits aren’t exactly cheap. Guess I won’t be buying another Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @LisaS73 @SunsetRunner.

@LisaS73, the only way to change the brightness of your Charge 3 screen is from the tracker itself. For more information, please visit this article

@LisaS73 @SunsetRunner, I just created a case with to Customer Support for each one of you, to provide further assistance. Please keep an eye on your inbox. They will get in touch with you on the next days.

If you need assistance, please let us know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work ... I still can't see my screen to increase brightness.   How can I fix this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem as well. The screen got dimmer and dimmer over a few weeks and now it's completely black. I haven't been able to get it to light up at all in the past couple of weeks. I've tried the long restart, but it didn't fix the problem. Fitbit, please help.

Edited to add: I've only had this Fitbit for 1.5 years. My previous Fitbits have lasted way longer than this!

Best Answer
0 Votes