Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time in Heart Rate Zone not showing in Exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What’s up with the heart rate tracking no longer shows up in the Exercise tracker? It was working until last Sunday and hasn’t worked since. 

*I have new Fitbit app update

*I have an Iphone 8 

*changed HR in Settings from on to off to on again

*rebooted

what else to do?

Fitbit already replaced my Charge 3 device a couple months ago when I had black screen.

Best Answer
88 REPLIES 88

I have the Charge 3 for about 10 days now. My experience tracking runs:

- With watch: I get HR, but the distance is very inaccurate, so I don't like to track with the watch. I waited for the GPS signal.

- With app: no HR, distance less inaccurate but still not very accurate.

- With both simultaneously (app manual start, watch auto detect): two logs in the feed, with different distances and paces. The one with the watch has HR, the one with the app not.

Hopefully there will be a sollution soon, because HR is one the main reasons I bought the Fitbit. However, I just found out I didn't have the lastest (Android) app update, so that might solve something.

And besides heart rate, I also have difficulties tracking an accurate distance. I'll look for other topics on this matter.

Best Answer

Sounds very similar to my experience, thanks for posting.

I've tried different combinations listed below, and the one that works (for now) seems to concur with your solution.

1) Auto detect run from charge 3 - works ok but no gps tracking

2) Opening fitbit app and tracking run - get gps tracking with helpful distance and pacing notifications but no HR data logged.

3) Begin exercise from charge 3, wait on connecting notification, open fitbit app and wait until connected. Leave app open on phone. I also noted that in the past this wouldn't work for me as my phone (galaxy s7) had medium battery saver enabled, so the app would sleep and wouldn't work. This option allows me to get gps data as well as logged HR after the run. Both sets of data upload ok to Strava which is paired up.

So option 3 is seemingly the only way to get both gps and HR data together, the only negative is that you miss out on the pacing info, split times etc. spoken by the fitbit app as in option 2.

Anyone running their phone in battery saver mode that is having issues might like to disable that. I saw many people comment on the app and charge 3 not connecting on other threads.

Best Answer

Yep, it feels so needlessly complex, I used another fitness band (xiaomi mi band 3) and all these interactions were smooth and you never had to worry about any of them.

So the "Bluetooth connectivity issue" is a solved one in the world of fitness bands, just not by fitbit it seems. 

Sad because I like their hardware.

Best Answer

Alta HR user here and same problem.  

Been going on for weeks.  

Also, after update I can no longer choose my half mile cues.  It automatically reset to one mile and if I try to change it to half mile, the app crashes.  

Best Answer

Thanks so much for this detailed description.

The chief concern is all of those settings worked with no issue when launched from the App or from the Fitbit until July 29 (as many of the screen captures on this thread can attest to. After that date the ability for the App to record heart rate zones (despite syncing with the fitbit and loading heart rate info and even if both fitbit and phone are taken with for the run) was just suddenly gone.

Many of us have restarted the app, updated the app, restarted our phones, and restarted out FitBits without any resolution.

If you go into this thread you will see screen capture of my conversation with customer service where they tried to convince me that it never worked like that.  Despite my loads (years) of data that says otherwise.

We got a moderator to respond and I am hopeful that this will be explained and or resolved quickly.

Keep voting and please contact customer service so they can see the extent of this issue.

Best Answer

I tracked my run again today with the latest update. Very inaccurate distance, no heart rate and map, two totally different results with the watch and app. I had enough, the Fitbit is going back to the store. Too bad, I liked some other features. 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, I Purchased this watch Specifically to watch my heart rate. I have called twice in the last two weeks and they tell me they’re working on it. Very frustrating, how long can this take to fix ?

Best Answer

I have a Charge 3 with the latest software and this just started happening to me on August 26, so add one more frustrated customer who has an Iphone and has had Fitbits forever!

Best Answer

Another update for the fitbit app and it still does not work. Seems that they do not know what the issue is...

Anyone have any suggestions for better trackers that records hearth rate with cue/music when jogging?

Thanks 

Best Answer

@Jeffraggs Same story here except I am up to 19 emails now and I only get very vague and unhelpful responses. I think they just want me to go away

Best Answer
For those who are concerned about their HEART RATE in exercise mode. By now everybody’s app should be updated to the “new look” app.
After you work out go to the home page and scroll down and tap on your heart rate, on that page tap on “TODAY” and Bingo ! There’s your exercise heart rate. I hope that I’ve communicated clearly.
Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, that is not the same as how the Fitbit app used to display the Time in Heart Rate Zones (TIHRZ) before July 29, 2019. What you’re suggesting we do shows a cumulative reading of the heart rate zones for the day and not for that specific exercise activity within that day it used to display. I think I will email the CEO of Fitbit. Way too long for something that was working perfectly before and was liked by many Fitbit users to be purposely (or unintentionally) taken out.

Best Answer

It seems to me Fitibit is deaf, blind and that their heartbeat has flatlined, so to speak: this is really simple, bring back the code you had before July 29. Thank you! 💥

Best Answer

@Jeffraggs Sorry mate, that "future" has been there all the time. We are missing the complete exercise data in one spot. My fitbit is setup to export to Strava and Heart rate data is not something you can add to an exercise afterwards.

@LizzyFitbit what is going on? your product is faulty and your app is not working..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Called Customer Service asking for the email addresses of James Park (Fitbit CEO) and Eric Friedman (Fitbit CTO).  Unfortunately they won't give out that info.  They could only provide me their mailing to Fitbit Headquarters Office:  199 Fremont St, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.  I also tried calling this SF office at (415) 513-1000, but you can't leave a voicemail because their voicemail box is full.  

I will be writing a letter to both James and Eric about their poor customer service, lack of Fitbit software development announcements/deployments as it affects ALL applicable Fitbit watches that has this TIHRZ feature.

Best Answer

Thank you, Dodgers35 for this contact information. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree with you on the heart rate being in the exercise data, it should be there as a matter of convenience and why Fitbit removed it is a mystery to me. The whole idea of the Fitbit is exercise and monitoring. I can only hope that the people at Fitbit monitor these forums and put it back in !
Best Answer

Nail on the head.

Come on Fitbit, this is essential, fix it. Please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is that the firmware version or the app version?  I am running the Android version 3.6 of the app and it's still not fixed! 😩

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Apple 10R iOS app and the app is not fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes