Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of syncing issues?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else as tired as me of the constant sync problems? I've had nothing but problems since I got this thing and it's so frustrating to have to reset, restart, try this, try that... how about they just make their product work or return our money. Mine hardly ever works correctly and I've spent hour and hours messing with this thing. Currently it's been a week since I could get it to sync despite dozens of efforts. If I contact customer support I get the same tired links that I've tried over and over... and then suddenly it'll sync out of nowhere and they're all "glad you got it to work, thanks for contacting us". Then the next week it starts all over. It's absolutely shameful.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Thanks for the steps and the hints.  I have had this Fitbit for less that 3 months - it is my third - like most of the features but noticed that the problems started when the device started losing time. No problems until then.  The problems quickly spiraled downward with more and more timing issues and also noticed that the battery was being used up much faster.  I have tried all of the steps listed by Sweet Sausage and will post again if I have more problems. I did however find that my same step count etc. was present as soon as I registered the device again - hope this is not a drawback to the fix.

I also appreciate the text indicating what versions and iPhone and iOs you have as I was able to check this along the way.

Also would suggest you post the steps in the HELP area.  I looked through all of the posts and found none of them to be helpful.  I hope this works as the last two weeks have been very frustratin. 

Best Answer

@hmbunbun wrote:

....... Also would suggest you post the steps in the HELP area.  I looked through all of the posts and found none of them to be helpful.........

By all means if you notice these steps may be able to help others, paste the link below in that thread and mention that it happened to fix your phone/device connection problems for the time being. This link directly connects to the post with instructions. It appears to not work for everyone, but a few of us have had successes.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Tired-of-syncing-issues/m-p/1197197#M101897

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, in a more positive not for ME. Fitbit has reviewed my tracker activity and noticed that it isn't functioning as it should... Ya think?! Finally, they have agreed to send me a new one. Thanks Fitbit people. I will give them props for that although it did take quite some time for them to acknowledge the problem. Hopefully this one performs better. Good Luck everyone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice job Sausage, it worked for me!  Had to try it twice though, the first time it got into an infinite loop at the '"Finishing Up" stage but I gave it another try & for whatever reason it worked second time around (with Iphone 5s plugged into pc & sleep mode off, Charge HR just sitting next to the phone not charging).

Remains to see how long it will stay syched.  Mine was fine for 2 months until I let the battery run flat.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine finally worked. Here's what worked for me:

Turned off notifications on my iPhone app so it would sync with computer.

Installed the Fitbit Windows 10 app on my computer.

My computer immediately started syncing with my Fitbit and grabbed all of the data from the previous three days which made me very happy since I had an 11,000 step day in there.

Then I deleted the charge hr from the iPhone Fitbit app.

Deleted the iPhone Fitbit app off my phone.

Powered down my phone and restarted my phone.

Re-installed the Fitbit app.

Reconnected my Fitbit charge HR with the iPhone app as if all brand new.

Everything syncs just fine now on phone and computer.

Based upon my experience I would guess the problem is with the phone app somehow. But I had uninstalled it and reinstalled twice already. Something to do with syncing to my computer once really seemed to kick start it all.

It's a lot of work and frustration for something that is just supposed to work. If I have to do this again, then I may just get an Apple Watch when the newer version comes out later this year.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same frustrating problem!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is quite troublesome. 

My fitbit HR can't give me the right time. I can sync it every a few hours to keept it right. But many times, it can't get sync. Then a few days ago, the heart rate sensors didn't work. I tried do sync and restart the fitbit. It never worked. Then I tried to set it up as new device. Things get even worse. I can't connet the fitbit to my iphone or mac or the android phone. In the pair stage, after i type in the pair code, it never get conneted. Very disapported. 

Best Answer

These steps resolved my syncing issue. I lost a couple of days of tracking but everything seems to be working now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this serious?  I mean no disrespect, but these changes are a big deal.  FitBit should notice that if you stopped in the middle, you could buy a competitor's product.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have tried all of the suggested fixes with no luck, even the fix suggested by Seaweed.  Basically my

Charge HR is useless.  Showing the incorrect time, will only sync randomly after multiple tries.  In addition, the band has bubbled and is separating from the display top, bottom, and now on the side.  I have never allowed it to get wet, so that is not the issue.  This is a disgrace.  I am waiting to hear from Fitbit, but have no confidence this will be rectified.  It worked fine for about 6 months, then it went south.  This has the earmarks of a bad software/firmware update.

Best Answer

Agreed...Nonfunctioning device... Fix the problem or refund our money.

I have rubbed my stomach and patted my head at the same time, spun in a circle during a thunderstorm, to no avail.  

Last sync with customer service was over two weeks ago... who btw, thanked me for trying to fix the problem on my own.  Anything to make your job easier, Bob!  I'll pay for your product and I'll come up with my own solutions. What a great system!

I got this for Christmas and was so excited.  Now they've turned me into a hater!  I want to be on fitbit's payroll, as I spend so much time trying to get it to sync to my computer.  In addition, the phone notificiation works sometimes, others not.  I want my money back or something that works.  Come'on fitbit.  Step up to the plate!

Best Answer

I also am still having problems. Each and every day and sometimes two and
three times a day I am resycing my Fitbit. I do wish there was more that
we could do. Is there anyone out there listening? I am beginning to think
not. It seems like an important firmware update would fix most of these
problems but I don't see them even being addressed. I still see only
version 2.19.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hope people at FitBit are looking at this (most likely not) but if you look at the forums, this is the most replied and one of the most viewed. Obviously this is a systemic issue. The lack of any information from FitBit on how to resolve this issue is frankly turning me off recommending this device or ever purchasing another Fitbit item.
This is completely unacceptable for a device that is this mainstream and given the amount of money people have paid.
Best Answer

yep same story here

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's definitely annoying - I hate when technology doesn't work like it should!  I've had my Charge HR since December 2014 and this is the first time that I've had any problems.

I was having major issues (sleep, HR weren't syncing at all, steps would sometimes sync but not often, syncing was reeeeeeeeally slow if it did work), but after trying a bunch of troubleshooting steps, I finally think I've got it working again.  I don't know which one was the fix, but here's everything I did.  Good luck!

• restarted my tracker (plug it in, hold down button on side until the screen shows the little fitbit logo with the v.XXX)
  • Turned bluetooth off
  • on my phone, went to settings ---> bluetooth and then clicked "forget this device" under the Charge HR settings
  • turned bluetooth back on and made sure my Charge showed up again in the list of devices
  • went to MyFitnessPal ---> apps and devices ---> my apps.  There were probably 15+ devices (that I don't own!) listed there.  I disconnected all of those. Then I hit the disconnect button for my fitbit -- it actually wouldn't let me disconnect it for some reason, but I tried. 😛
  • restarted my iphone
  • turned bluetooth back on

And now I magically have HR data, sleep data, and my steps sync really quickly (within 20-30 seconds)! 🙂  I did this fix last Wednesday, and so far so good ... hope it sticks.

Hope this helps someone!  I was ready to go back to my flex, but I love having the display screen and really didn't want to go back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to admit that Fitbit apparently has addressed the syncing/incorrect issues.  My Charge HR began functioning as it should for about a week.  It began syncing properly last Sunday (3/7) and then received a firmware update (v122).  I have had no problems since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same problem I'm sick,of fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear Kitty,

I contacted fitbit, and after being very tenacious with them, and doing all
that they asked, they finally replaced the one that didn¹t sync. Since
getting the replacement, I only use it with my computer and not my phone.
This means I don¹t¹ get some of the benefits such as having incoming calls
alerted by my fitbit, but I don¹t have the headaches.

Get in touch with them now and push them to give you a replacement.

Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, this thread's been around for awhile. Sad to see so many people having issues with this product. As it turns out syncing issues are just the tip of the iceberg. We have now been through four since we originally acquired them. It turns out the bands like to separate from the body and cannot be repaired. That's right... we've had four... all four failed in under a year. Kinda speaks for itself doesn't it?!

Best Answer

Having same issues.  Using Android phone.  Had to do all suggestions again to get it to synch--finally have it synching again.  Synch problem reoccurs constantly.  Very frustrating.  Wish I could recommend Fitbit but don't wish this problem on anyone!

Best Answer