Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of syncing issues?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else as tired as me of the constant sync problems? I've had nothing but problems since I got this thing and it's so frustrating to have to reset, restart, try this, try that... how about they just make their product work or return our money. Mine hardly ever works correctly and I've spent hour and hours messing with this thing. Currently it's been a week since I could get it to sync despite dozens of efforts. If I contact customer support I get the same tired links that I've tried over and over... and then suddenly it'll sync out of nowhere and they're all "glad you got it to work, thanks for contacting us". Then the next week it starts all over. It's absolutely shameful.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Totally exhausted to the extent that I am not using my Fitbit as much and not recommending it. It worked well for several months and I suspect that after an automatic software upgrade or app upgrade the synch stopped. Yesterday it synced the data, but the previous 5 days had nothing, this morning even yesterday's data was gone from the phone app. I have reset, reinstalled several times. Some sites mention a forced quit but what is this? 

Best Answer

This is theft on the port part of Fitbit. They are stealing our valuable time. Technical problems have been occurring very frequently with sync issues even on devices that were previously working fine 4 months.

Best Answer

Theft of our valuable time by Fitbit presenting all of these intermittent syncing problems, even on devices that have been working fine for months, is a crime. This crime needs to be reported to the Federal Trade Commission. I will do so today and I urge others to do the same.

Best Answer

How come my fitbit doesn't sink? It's very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It has a glitch.. Just call customer service. Have your info ready, serial
number, etc. They replaced mine after the tech experienced the same issues.
I¹m sure they will do the same for you. Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

So frustrating.  Constantly doesn’t synch and the answer is to call customer support and hard resets. I’ve had Fitbits for years, including the scale, but these synch issues are a joke. What year is it 2005?  The whole idea is to have your data synch. And they cant even get the basic idea to work. I’m throwing them all in the garbage. Done. 

Best Answer

Tried the entire gamut. Nothing worked. Have been a loyal supporter upgrading phones for the past 5 plus years. 
May be time to move on to Apple Watch. 
Fitbit investors likely holding the bag soon. 

Best Answer

My experience is the same as Your’s! 

I’ve had a Fitbit now since they first came out in this last year has been so frustrating I’m seriously thinking about switching trackers so I don’t have constant sync problems and have to do jacks get the darn thing to sync! 

Best Answer

My HR had terminal syncing issues, so much so that Fitbit replaced it after two years.  I got the Flex thinking that simplicity would help.  No.  Same old syncing problems.  Will be shopping around for a different brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my third different FitBit device and they have ALL had this issue (Charge, Charge HR, Versa), since I got my first way back in 2015. It's always been an issue and it's incredibly frustrating.

I got so frustrated I ended up switching to a Google device, but the charger broke pre-COVID and I haven't been able to get a new one so I went back to my Versa. Can't wait to go back.

Best Answer

I know this sounds weird but I believe the syncing issue is related to where the device is listed on the bluetooth device list on your phone.  I have a Versa 2. I noticed a pattern where when it appeared at the top of my device list all was fine (that was after restarting and doing all the steps), but when it dropped later into alphabetical order and appeared at the bottom, it would not sync.  I changed the name from "Versa 2" to "0Versa 2" and have had no syncing or notification problems since.  I read somewhere that suggested the Fitbit device needed to be at the top of the list and thru trial and error I believe this is the case.  You could try it and see if it works for you next time you have a problem.

Best Answer

I have the same issue. What did you fo to get it to sync? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On your phone toggle off and on your bluetooth.  You should see a list of devices that are connected to your bluetooth.  Is your Fitbit device listed first at the top of the list?  I suspect it isn't if you are having syncing issues.  Find your Fitbit device in the list.  On my phone there was a "Settings" icon next to the "Versa 2" name.  When I tapped the settings icon I could rename the Versa 2, so in order to have it at the top of the bluetooth device list permanently I changed the name from "Versa 2" to "0Versa 2".  That pushed the Fitbit to the top of the list above all my speakers, headphones, etc.  I have not had a problem since.  The only time I didnt get notifications was when my phone was out of range from me which is to be expected but everything else has worked like it should...even after charging.  Very happy!  Let me know if this works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same problem. I found that the only way to sync was to charge the watch and phone at the same time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried everything including this and cannot get my tracker to sync for love nor money. 

Had the same issue with my Inspire so changed for the Charge 3 and now it happens ALL of the time. 

I haven’t synced since Saturday (after I had to set up as a whole new device therefore losing anything tracked). The support team on Twitter have been useless, providing me with the same old links and suggestions that don’t work and have now created me a case number and guess what.....still no further forward. Also within the last 15 minutes my active minutes have gone up (on my tracker) by 20 minutes and I’ve been sat having a cup of tea...really accurate. 

Next time I’ll spend my money on an Apple Watch, they don’t seem nearly as temperamental...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so tired of the sync problems that I am seriously thinking of abandoning Fitbit altogether. Am currently doing research on what other device/system I want to replace Fitbit with. Is anyone at Fitbit reading or listening to people's concerns?

Best Answer
Hi Skurji

When I contacted fitbit by phone and walked through all the steps they suggested with the rep still on the phone, and it still didn’t work, they replaced my device free of charge. Try it and let them know your litany of issues. They were excellent to me.

I am on my second Fitbit (got as a gift and it was an upgrade). I have switched over to working it mostly with my mobile. Not a ingle issue. Hope you can get ahold of someone who can take care of you.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck and stay safe.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve spoken to several people via Twitter DM and email and nothing that they advise works. That’s if I can even get a response. 

I’ve now not synced since 17th November! Just constant “sync is taking a while. Sit tight!” But nothing. I’ve tried to sync via 4G, 3G, and WiFi and nothing. 

It’s seriously getting beyond a joke now.

Best Answer

Having the same issues - Charge 2 to android has worked ok for months, now have to reset and waste hours trying to get it to connect every few days... I've had enough - Fitbit need to improve there diagnosis visibility - wheres the problem ? Fitbit, phone Bluetooth...

Best Answer

Hi!  Did you add any Bluetooth devices lately?  I was having sporadic syncing issues and found a cheap pair of no-name wireless earbuds was causing my problems.  When I unpaired them all worked as expected!  It has taken me several months to figure this out and I would have never solved it but for the fact my phone (LGV20) lost all of my Bluetooth pairings when I changed the battery.  I got my Versa2 back on track first and then re-paired the van and 3 name-brand speakers before running into trouble with the earbuds.  Not sure if its something about the way the earbuds are paired together first or if its the fact they were cheap.  I will have to try a different pair and see if the problem still persists.  Maybe those of you with higher end earbuds could reply...are you having syncing problems with Airpods or others?  Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes