Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of syncing issues?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else as tired as me of the constant sync problems? I've had nothing but problems since I got this thing and it's so frustrating to have to reset, restart, try this, try that... how about they just make their product work or return our money. Mine hardly ever works correctly and I've spent hour and hours messing with this thing. Currently it's been a week since I could get it to sync despite dozens of efforts. If I contact customer support I get the same tired links that I've tried over and over... and then suddenly it'll sync out of nowhere and they're all "glad you got it to work, thanks for contacting us". Then the next week it starts all over. It's absolutely shameful.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

A solution for syncing issues that works well for some PC users is turning off Bluetooth. If you have a dongle make sure it's plugged into your computer. Then go into your computer Settings and turn off Bluetooth. Turning Bluetooth off is crucial. Reboot the computer and when it starts up again do not turn your Bluetooth back on. Open the Fitbit program and wait for up to 30 seconds to see what happens. If nothing happens close the program and then reopen it and wait again. What is likely to happen is that a Fitbit dialogue box will appear asking you if you want to connect to the dongle. If that happens, say yes. Your tracker will connect to your dongle. Then, up in the top right corner of the Dashboard click on the Fitbit Tracker icon to refresh and re-sync your tracker. You will likely have to click on the two little curved arrows to give the syncing process a jolt or boost. Like many other people I can't find a reliable solution to syncing my tracker using the Bluetooth method. I mistakenly thought Fitbit had disabled my dongle but when I uninstalled the Fitbit app and reinstalled it the dongle still functioned just like it had done previously. But, this does not solve Bluetooth issues. Hello Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

erm, not a PC user, so, no help at all... will log off as planned... life is **ahem**ty... oh well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might want to check out the Huawei Band 4 Pro Smart Band fitness tracker on Amazon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just about given up wearing my Charge 3.  I had the Flex and it worked fine so that encouraged me to get a slightly better one but it will not pair AGAIN and forget about sync.   Not gonna happen.  Last time was March 1 and took all kinds of jumping through hoops to even get that.  I have solved the problem though.  Went to Amazon and bought a cheap $35 tracker and it works perfectly.   Fitbit has turned into a company that takes your money but FAILS constantly.    I will try YOUR solution and if that doesn't work, I think I will just throw the darn thing in the trash.  I can see it all now.  I follow your very thorough instructions and it works.   (but just for a few hours) and then I will probably have to go through this AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.  I am a GOOD consumer.   I buy decent things, don't mind spending my money but when ... oh when ... will Fitbit shape up and meet their obligations???   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having exactly the same problems re syncing my Alta HR with my phone - very frustrating.  I've also found I have to force a sync the day before I get my summary email comparing the stats from the previous week otherwise it will miss a whole day of steps from my record.  I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, disconnecting Bluetooth etc but persistently get the "sit tight sync is taking a while" message.

I've not read the full thread but is there anyone on here that has paid for Premium that is having the same problem?  The cynic in me wonders if if is only happening to those who have not upgraded to the Premium offering!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nailed it! This is exactly what my user experience is with Fitbit. Takes me weeks to sync. It’s so random and makes the device basically useless because I get no continuity.

I’m really over it.

also can’t see the watch face when in bright sunlight. I’m unfortunately really not enjoying it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My $35 one from Amazon actually works. I've given up on Fitbit. A lot of
money. Disappointed as I didn't buy a Fitbit so on a daily basis I would
have constant trouble.
Best Answer

I am so sick and tired of this fitbit (charge 3) watch not syncing.  I agree with tkalberg 100%.  Why not make a watch that just syncs automatically or, at least, that adjusts to new software updates so that the sync continues seamlessly.  Come on Fitbit, get it together.  For those of us who sync to a computer rather than a phone, the annoyances of having to try all of these fixes makes the fitbit experience a lousy one.  Does anyone know of a competitor's product that works well??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have a charge 2 but I'm sure it works the same as the 3. I had all kinds of syncing problems too, trying to sync to my computer and definitely not my phone. I have a Fitbit Dongle left over from the Charge 1. This is what I did: Plugged in the dongle to a USB port on the computer. Then, went into my computer settings and turned off the Bluetooth Feature for everything. Then I rebooted. Without the Bluetooth activated my Charge 2 automatically searched for the dongle and it found it. Now, the Charge 2 and the dongle are communicating. The Fitbit Dashboard updates automatically throughout the day but if I want an exact, to the second, update I have to update the Dashboard manually by clicking on the icon of the Charge wristband, then clicking on the two little circular arrows next to it. This method works flawlessly and consistently. But, the Bluetooth feature on your computer has to be turned off, that's the key to getting your wristband to communicate with your Dongle to update your computer Fitbit Dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, after years of not having a Fitbit, my wonderful wife bought me one this year for Father's day. I thought, "sure... what a nice gift. I bet they've got their act together by now", and I looked forward to using it to help get back into shape. Guess what? Even though I'm now using a completely different phone and a totally new Fitbit than the ones I complained about in this thread... the same problems persist. This thing never syncs and continually loses the bluetooth connection... Restart, Reset, Reinstall, Rinse and Repeat. I swear I think that's one of their recommended workouts... it is tiring.

Who would have thought after all of these years this thread would still be going strong and the Fitbit devices would still suck?

Best Answer

I hear you loud and clear and so do many other people I'm sure. Fitbit's idea of improving their product varies greatly from my idea of what is meant by improvement. I am still using a Charge 2 HR which is on it's last legs and when it goes I'm done with Fitbit. I tired the Charge 4, wow what an all around  disappointment that was and, the strap band connection was redesigned which meant my Charge 2 wrist straps were useless. Dealing with Fitbit has been such a protracted annoyance for so many years that the negative experience finally wore me out. I'm finished fighting with the arrogance of Fitbit and if I'm going to waste my money on a Fitness monitor product it may as well be a new product. And, most importantly, I will not purchase a Fitness Monitor product which chains me exclusively to my cell phone. Fitbit is not big on offering options. Maybe that's good for Fitbit Inc. but it's bad news for Fitbit customer satisfaction. A one size fits all philosophy is not something I need or want.

Best Answer

Yeah this caught me too. I still have Charge 2 that I had terrible issues with, not syncing, unable to complete firmware upgrade. Hell. Left it aside for a couple of years and recently I got a new Pixel 6 and say "Hey, let's try it again" - synced. Upgraded. All great. So I bought myself Fitbit Sense in hopes that all the issues are behind. What fool I was. Sense is a nightmare to sync, constant messing around, restarting, re-enabling BT, force-quitting FitBit app, restarting phone. This whole thing is a pile of steaming horse manure and a waste of money.

Best Answer

I’m with you. I wish I never wasted my money and time on a charge 5 I was on the fence about getting another one, but I wanted to track my sleep… should have just gotten a sleep tracker and Apple Watch. This thing does not sync unless I reset the Fitbit every day some times multiple times a day. The customer support for this company is also a joke. I have been in the customer support field for 8 years and they are just copy and pasting the garbage they are given. Who ever is tuning customer support needs to be let go and them being in some one that knows what they are doing to train the rest. The company is currently 1/10 in my book. Bad devices + bad support = out of Business.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

And I can’t go in to edit my bad spelling lol wow it’s 2022…

Best Answer

Sorry to hear this. Call them and ask for a supervisor and tell them what is happening. I got my defective one replaced for free after doing so, and the new one works amazingly well. It was years ago, but I think that may help…not sure. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks... i'll try
Best Answer

Hi Peggy.  What Garmin did you purchase?

I've a Versa 2 and it's going in the trash. I contacted CS about my issues and they sent me a discount code to buy a new one!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes