Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking steps to achieve 250 steps per hour

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I check my status in getting 250 steps during an hour?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@crmiles2 tthat is correct, the app will not tell you how many steps left in the hour to take. 

On your Charge 2, next to the man is a number, this is the step count for the hour. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

If you tap on the first screen towards the bottom it will scroll through the different screens at some point you will see the guy and then 144/250 or what ever steps you have done so far that hour.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you, WendyB.  I wasn't aware of this and tried to keep track with the total steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, Wendy. I have not been able to find the man or the stats you mentioned in your reply. Is it on the bottom of the dash board page?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The little man is on the tracker on the same screen with your other stats, steps, distance, etc.

If it was on the app, you would first need to sync before it would be accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sorry, I hate to be dense, but I am still missing something. The panel on
my app with the little red man only tells me how many hours I've achieved
250 steps, not how many steps I've walked during the current hour or how
many steps I still need to reach 250 steps. I've checked the settings but
don't see anything that will turn on this function.
Best Answer

@crmiles2  If you tap the screen on your Charge 2 it scrolls through stats. That is where you can see how many steps you currently have per hour. If you have met the goal already, it will show how many hours you have met the step goal. 

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

@crmiles2 tthat is correct, the app will not tell you how many steps left in the hour to take. 

On your Charge 2, next to the man is a number, this is the step count for the hour. 

Best Answer

@crmiles2 Welcome to our Community! You can see the man on the tracker itself. On the first screen where you see the time you will need to tap several times (three in my case, I am using the fifth clock face).

You will see something like this:

Charge 2 hourly steps icon-guy.jpg

Notice the guy with the arms up and the 91 next to him? That's the amount of steps I have done for this hour (don't judge me! Robot Sad lol).

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Got it! Thank you very much for this info. I find it easier to use the app on my phone; I can see all my stats at a glance. It would be ever so nice if Fitbit would include the number of steps needed to reach 250 under the man - similar to the panels of how many calories you have remaining for the day or how much water you need to drink to reach you goal. 

Best Answer

@crmiles2 Glad we all could help you and thank you for your idea. You can post these ideas in our Feature Suggestion board, first look if the idea hasn't been already posted and if you can't find it feel free to post you own explains what you would like to see or have implemented. The more votes an idea has the more likely the developers will try to implement it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The post showing the little man illustrating the number of steps I've done in the hour is terrific to know. Now when I get my 10 minute notification I can calculate how many more steps I need for my hourly 250. When I first got my Charge 2 the 10 minute notification would do the calculation for me and tell me how many steps I needed to do. Now it just says something generic like want to take a stroll? Is there any hope that the Charge 2 will go back to showing the number of steps needed to get to 250 every 10 minute notification?

Best Answer
I agree. Sometimes it tells you how many steps you still need, but not
always. It would be fantastic if the information were included on the
dashboard under the little man that tracks the hours that you achieve 250
steps; similar to the other panels that track water consumed, weekly
exercise and calories left in the budget.

*´¨) Be Blessed,
¸.· ´ ¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨) -:¦:-
( ¸ . · ´ ( ¸ . · '
Cheryl R. Miles

*I would rather live my life*
*as if there is a God and*
*die *
*and find out there isn't *
*than to live my life as if*
*He doesn't exist **and die *
*and find out He does.*
Best Answer
Thank You! This is wonderful! This is the very first time that I've even noticed this screen because I seldom cycle thru the screens by tapping. I find it much easier and convenient to use the App on my iPhone rather than to cycle thru the screens on the watch. However, i can use this and love it, until the App is up-graded to include this info.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello~ I was wondering the same thing.  I don't have the little man on my Charge 2  =(  is there a setting I'm missing?

thank you~

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you are missing something.

The display of these stats can be customized through the app. It's under the setting titled Customize Stats, and called Hourly Activity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thank you. I just checked and the box for hourly activity is checked. Is this what you're referring to?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that is what turns the man on. Try switching the order of tge stats then doing a sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi...it didn't work. The only little man is the one with Run. Thank you for trying. Maybe mine just won't do it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

While your looking at the watch, tap the display. This will show your daily stats, one of which will have the man.

If your seeing the man and the word running, this means your pressing the button and switching menus. We want to tap the display to switch menu items.

Best Answer
0 Votes