Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Charge 2 recognizing walks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I've been using a Charge HR since April and didn't have any issues with it until a couple of weeks ago when it started not recognizing my walks. I'd never had any trouble with it. Now I have started using the new Charge 2 and it is doing the same thing. I had to manually log my morning 30 minutes and now also my afternoon 30 minutes. The steps and active minutes are fine. It recognized an 15 minute evening walk on Friday and my aerobics execise I did on Saturday so I know it is working. I thought maybe it was my iphone6 but the updates are all completed and I have no issues with other apps.

I've done all the steps that I have read on here - resetting the charge2, resetting my phone, bluetooth etc.

It is really frustrating as I would like to have a proper record of my walks. 

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45
Sounds like you should just ask for a replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been reaqding other threads and it seems a lot of other people are having the same issue and it's been said it may be an issue with the app. I'm abit over the whole thing and have got basically nowhere. What's become more frustrating at the moment is the failure of the dashboard to sync the hourly activity even when it shows on the fitbit itself. So your dashboard tells you you have only completed 10 of your 11 chosen hours of 250+ steps when in fact you know you have. That annoying little grey dot doesn't turn red!!! I know it sounds silly but it's a freaking motivational tool that doesn't work! If it's the App that is faulty what do we do, wait for the next update? Getting another charge 2 won't be the solution if the app is dodgy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Kazzie: No it's not silly! I'm the same about the tools. It's
almost as if we haven't done it when we don't get recognition from the
device. 🙂

If the problem could be the app, perhaps deleting the app completely and
re-installing? Someone else will hopefully chime in.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Kazzie -- Did you end up getting a new Charge2 from Fitbit?  It says this was "SOLVED" by contacting them, but doesn't really say what happened.  Or did you just get so frustrated you finally gave up?  Mine is recognizing the walks ok, but not uploading the distance even though it's on the dang device and shows there.  I've started a new thread on that topic.  I walk on a Treadmill where I have to push "START" on the exercise and it DOES upload the distance for that.   So weird!  I'm with you -- a motivational tool only works when it "just works" -- you shouldn't have to fight with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem since a couple of days, since I've updated the App on my iPad. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 is doing the same thing. 

Just started not recognising my walk this morning. Walked an hour and a half.

Contacted support and they had me change the auto recognise setting to ten minutes instead of fifteen.

I'm not really confident that this will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes