Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Sync Charge: Goes to Stopwatch?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My brother has given me his Charge, so it's not right out of the box.

I have the app (and have used fitbit before).

When i try and sync the Charge to my phone app, and hold the side button down for 3 seconds like the app tells me too, the fitbit automatically goes to the stopwatch option. 

I have factory reset it twice already, and i have done the option (about 5 times) where you plug it into your computer and hold it down for 12 seconds until the fitbit icon and verson comes on, and then unplugging it from USB. 

It always goes to the stopwatch option, never letting me sync.

Can someone help me sync?

Also PS: It has not been connected to my phone. I see a lot of people have this issue but only after they've had their fitbit synced for a couple weeks. This fitbit has never been synced to my phone, so i cannot "forget this device" since there is no device to forget! I'm trying to sync it! 

Thank you so much 🙂 

-FMM

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! If you are setting up on a mobile device; log out from the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, and log back in. If it is an Android device; also try to uninstall the app and install it again. If you are on a computer, uninstall Fitbit Connect and install it back in. Restart your computer. If the issue persists; contact customer support for further assistance. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
By holding the button down for 3sec starts an automatic exercise tracking. Hold it for 3 sec after your exercise is complete to finish that automatic tracking. I have found it a useful tool when working out or hiking.
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are a huge number of comments about this and no answers.  Can someone from Fitbit actually answer this, rather than post a "read the instructions" type reply, which is what is on here.

I tried the other poster's suggestion of trying to press the button for 3 seconds twice and it didn't work.

I reset my device past getting the Fitbit logo to show, still goes to stopwatch.

need real advice here, not call Fitbit support.

I get requests to take a survey, you really don't want me to do that.

Best Answer