Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off reminder to move

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Got my new charge 2 today and trying to find ways to prolong the battery. I went into Devices and turned "off" reminders to move... Went back to previous screen where that option is turned off for a second, then flips back to 9-6pm. I've done this several times now and it never stays "off". My temp solution is to only set it for "sunday" but really I don't want any reminders. Help?
Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

It's nice to see you around @SaunnMan Very Happy Please try doing the following to turn it off:

1. On the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Hourly Activity tile. This is the tile that shows the number of hours you completed 250 steps.
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top right corner and turn Reminders to Move on or off.

If you have been doing this without luck, please try doing the following:

1. Log out of your Fitbit App
  2. Force quit the App
  3. Turn off the Bluetooth
  4. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  5. Restart your Charge 2
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth
  7. Log back into your Fitbit App
  8. Do what I suggested first once more

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@Saunn Welcome to our Community! Try logging out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. Change the settings for the RTM and sync your tracker. See if this helps save the setting. You could also restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Finally try changing the setting on a computer and sync your tracker from it (if you have one available with bluetooth or the USB syncing dongle) or try another mobile device to make these changes.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your suggestions!

I tried the solutions (resetting fitbit, logging in/out, and turning the slider "off" for the option) but nothing has worked. At the same time, I think my charger is faulty...sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't. Is this common?

Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying our recommendations @Saunn! My best recommendation would be to get in touch with Customer Support directly so they can do a deeper investigation with this and see where the issue may be coming from. 

Have a great weekend! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes