Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two fitbit devices one account and one behaving badly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been alternating between my Charge 2 and my Inspire 2, daily.  Now, the Charge 2 is not logging my cardio, though I can see on the graph I've been in my cardio range.  I still get active minutes, but all measures cardio through fat are 0.

I don't mind that the stat counting on each device is different, but I do care that one device now thinks I'm a zero!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well, no.  These directions fail.  When I press button or buttons again (step 6) I get Water Lock.  I try unlocking Water Lock (double tap) and it unlocks.  Try again with those buttons and all I get is Water Lock again.  My "paused" Inspire 2 thinks I've now accomplished 48 plus minutes of an exercise that took 10.  All the extra minutes have to do with the minutes it took to try to get this defective Fitbit to behave.

I believe this product is defective.  I believe you should be replacing this defective product with another that actually functions as your "manual" says. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Thanks for getting back to us @MotherM. I´m sorry to hear that your Charge 2 is not logging your cardio. 

Does your Inspire 2 register your cardio? How many hours do you alternate between devices? Do you see all the information on the app? Have you tried checking your information on the online Dashboard?

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you AndreaFitbit.  Yes, the Inspire 2 registers my cardio.  I wear each fitbit about 14 hours a day on alternate days.  Neither the app nor the Dashboard show the cardio stats from the Charge, whether I am wearing it or not.

Today is a Charge day, and I hope to pull off an experiment of sorts by allowing my bluetooth to see only the Charge.  It seems to me I may need to alternate which of the Fitbit devices the app is allowed to see at one time.  Wish me luck!  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @MotherM

Let me know how your experiment goes or we can look for another solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the experiment failed.  I fear I will have to "trash" the Inspire from my account in order for the Charge to record and synch.  The fear is that I might not be able to recover it, though that seems unlikely.  Still, it seems like alot of work to pair and unpair every day!  The thing is I really like them both and it seems wrong to just let one sit on the shelf.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My new theory is that the custom heart rate settings I have on the Charge are getting in the way.  I will try deleting them and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and I'm sorry to hear that your experiment failed @MotherM.

Was your theory right and were you able to register the heart rate with your Charge 2?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sigh.  On my Inspire 2, if you could please tell me how to "finish" an exercise *BESIDES* pushing buttons that actually activate water lock and not actually finishing anything ... then I might care to pursue this topic.  Otherwise will go back to my Charge 2 and hope to recover all the features it has that I love.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your question @MotherM

To start and stop a workout on your Inspire 2:

1. On your tracker, open the Exercise app 

and swipe to find an exercise.
  2. Tap the exercise to choose it. If GPS is available, an icon appears at the top as your device tries to connect.
  3. Tap the play icon 

to start, or swipe up to set an exercise goal. If you set a goal, press the button or buttons to go back and tap the play icon 

4. Tap the middle of the screen to scroll through your real-time stats.
  5. To pause or end your workout, press the button or buttons. To resume, tap the play icon 

6. Press the button or buttons again, and tap Finish to end the workout.
  7. Swipe up to see your workout summary.
  8. Press the button or buttons to close the summary screen.
  9. To see your GPS data, sync your tracker and tap the Exercise tile 

in the Fitbit app.

There´s  no other way to stop the exercise. 

I hope this information helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, no.  These directions fail.  When I press button or buttons again (step 6) I get Water Lock.  I try unlocking Water Lock (double tap) and it unlocks.  Try again with those buttons and all I get is Water Lock again.  My "paused" Inspire 2 thinks I've now accomplished 48 plus minutes of an exercise that took 10.  All the extra minutes have to do with the minutes it took to try to get this defective Fitbit to behave.

I believe this product is defective.  I believe you should be replacing this defective product with another that actually functions as your "manual" says. 

Best Answer