Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset my Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've tried the reset by charge 4 with the steps online without any success. Any suggestions.  

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Did you follow these restart instructions?

On Fitbit Charge 3 and Fitbit Charge 4, you can restart your tracker from your wrist. Open the Settings app 

and tap AboutReboot Device

If your Charge series tracker is unresponsive: .

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
    • Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
    • Charge 3 & Charge 4—press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

If so, what do you mean by "without any success"?  Do you think that it did not do a restart?  Or did it not solve whatever problem you were dealing with?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

My charge 4 is unresponsive. I'm stuck with the Fitbit logo.

Smiley face does not appear after keeping the button pressed 8 seconds. And yes, the device is on the charger.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Mine just keeps showing me the charging status and the time. It refuses to restart no matter how long I hold the button. It's been like this since I got it, but have been able to get it connected anyway in the past. Hasn't synced for 3 days now. I'm beginning to think it's time to check what's left on the warranty. 

Best Answer

I know this is an old thread… But I will offer this advice in case it helps anyone else. I had this issue as well (no restart despite holding the button for a while during charging). I found that the issue was that the pressure of holding the button slightly dislodged the charger for a brief moment - so it never registered the 8 second hold. I think cleaning the charger or the fitbit might help, but what worked regardless was to press the fitbit into the charger while also holding the side button to prevent it from sliding around and losing contact with the pins.

Best Answer

This solved my problem! Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes