Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set time frame for weight loss goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set a new weight loss goal of ten pounds. However, I can't find where I am able to set the time frame for this weight loss to happen. The daily calorie limit has been calculated, but isn't this calorie limit set relative to how long the weight loss period will be? I would imagine that my calorie limit would be very different if I wanted to lose ten pound over two months as opposed to six months. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Figured this out by myself. ... The problem was that I only set a weight loss goal. I did not set a nutrition goal. The nutrition goals allow you to set a weight loss calorie defeceit that will estimate how long it will take to achieve your weight loss goal.

Best Answer

Hello @DanielRobert, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm glad you have figured out how to set a timeframe for your Weight goal. Indeed the way to do this is by creating a Food plan. For all the newcomers that might see your post I'm gonna share the steps since we learn something new everyday. So here are the steps:

• fitbit.com dashboard
    1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
    2. At the top, click Log and then click Food.
    3. Click the Get Started button in the Food Plan section.
    4. Enter your starting weight, your target weight, and your plan intensity when prompted. Depending on the intensity you choose, you'll see the estimated date for reaching your goal.
    5. If you want to edit the intensity later, click the gear icon on the Calories In vs Out tile and click the pencil icon next to Plan Intensity. From here you can also change your goal weight.
  • Fitbit apps
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Food Plan tile. This is the tile that says “Start a food plan” or, if you already have a food plan, shows the number of calories left for the day.
    2. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your food plan and don't forget to save. In the Fitbit app for iOS you can choose to set your own calorie goal or have Fitbit help you set one.
    3. If you want to edit the intensity later, you can adjust your Food goal. To adjust your Food goal and other goals, follow the instructions in How do I track my fitness goals with Fitbit?

See ya later and happy stepping.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Nice to find this answer here. Me and my Wife had trouble finding this. We set it up right at the start of getting our fitbits.. When we went to do it again, we could not find it again.

Fitbit team, perhaps an area for future enhancement!

Best Answer

Once you have set your goal is there a way to see if you are on track to meet it? I am tracking calories/nutrition and logging my weight. I have a weight loss goal set, but can't tell if I am actually on my way to achieving it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

this must be an old thread = already did get started apparently. - do not see anything mentioned here on my pc dashoabrd or on app . app is telling me i can only eat 800 cal per day -- totally frustrated. and ready to toss this app but i need it for my clin ical trial

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to view and potentially change my plan settings as well, and was getting increasingly frustrated.  But I finally found it.  Nothing in any forum posts was close to this.

You cannot edit a weight loss/food plan on iOS.  I was only able to do it on PC.  

Click on Log.

Go down to Food Plan.  It should say "Today, I can still eat blah blah blah"

To the right of that verbiage, there is an arrow pointing right.  Click on it.

Now it says "Calories in vs out" showing burned and eaten calories. Again, there is a little arrow to the right, pointing right.  Click on it again.

Now you are on the Plan Summary.  Here you can click on Edit Plan, which will allow you to change your target weight or how soon you want to reach that weight.  The shorter the time frame, the fewer calories are calculated for you.  

I don't know why I can't edit this plan on the IOS app, since that's how I created the plan. 

Anyway, hope this helps you and others.  

Best Answer

Thanks! This helped me change it too. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once I've done this, isn't there a way to go back and change my goals? I can't find Get Started, and I can't find any way to update. What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this! They really buried it, didn't they?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wanted to let folks know that I found out how to do this in the current version of the app. Steps:

1. Click profile icon in top left
  2. Select Settings > Activity & Wellness
  3. Select Nutrition & Weight
  4. Select Nutrition > Food Plan
  5. Select "Edit Plan" button at the bottom
  6. Enter/Adjust Current Weight and Goal Weight, select "Next" button at the bottom
  7. Select one of the options: Easier (0.5lbs/wk), Medium (1lbs/wk), Kinda Hard (1.5lbs/wk), Harder (2lbs/wk), then select "Next" at the bottom
  8. On the next two screens (info about food plan) select "Next" at the bottom.
  9. On the last page, select "Save Plan" at the bottom and you're all set!
Best Answer