Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to track bike distance in biking mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is not any kind of problem measuring the distance and get the map in Run mode.

I try several time in several mode to get the distance for Biking mode: first pairing my Iphone with the wrist, select the Bike mode and start; start the Bike mode in the wrist and than pairing the phone.

What I am doing wrong ?

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

When I start 'bike' on my Charge 2, the Charge registerd the tome, but no distance .. 
It isn't connected with my smartphone. 
I only wear the Charge 2; 
On my PC I use, an older version of 'Fitbit Connect , with the doccle'. When I use my Sony X Peria, and I syncronished with the App, I can't see anything on my PC. 
Can anyone help me? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 2 does not contain a GPS chip so there is no way it can know the distance by itself. It can connect with a supported phone and use the chip in the phone though.

Best Answer

@kristen to add to @SunsetRunner' post, make sure the tracker has a phone icon without a line through it and you have the phone with you. 

You need the GPS to get the distance while Biking. 

Best Answer

Thw for the answer. 
Can the Charge 2 registred a distance whem I'm biking without a GPS of phone near by? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, @Kristien, without Connected GPS the tracker will have no way to measure distance on the bike.

Best Answer

For the past few days, my Charge2 has been underrecording distance on bike mode.  For walk mode it seems fine. 

I know the distance as it is a ride/walk I do regularly and am recording the activity on both my fitbit and via Strava (I have not connected the two).  Everything else seems to recorded correctly.  The map of my journey is correct, the time spent travelling is correct, the heart rate recording is continuous.

What is the problem?  in some ways, it does not matter but if I want to use the date to evaluate performance via average speed this is no use.

Help

Charlotte 

Best Answer

@deocamdata, there appears to be a problem with the Bike exercise mode and Connected GPS. I am experiencing the same problem with my Charge 2 and my Android phone. The last bike ride recorded time and calories only, with no distance. This problem has been reported to Fitbit, so hopefully it will be fixed in the near future.

Best Answer

Thank you.

It is really annoying.

Let's hope that they will fix it soon

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer

@deocamdata @CB55 It's nice to have you on board! As @USAF-Larry said this is a bug being investigated. Usually it happens when you pause your biking activity as this is a common denominator but if you don't pause it could you please provide the phone, os version it is running and the app version to better investigate this issue. Also when using the connected GPS function always allow enough time for the phone to find the GPS signal and connect with your tracker. You could also try turning your bluetooth off, wait 1 minute then turn it on and after this restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

This to improve the communication between both devices.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try this

I hope it will works because I hate Strava

I use Iphone 6 S plus

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone.  And despite resetting everything, I still had the same problem this morning.

In terms of pausing, I am riding to work which means that I have to stop at lights, in traffic, for pedestrians etc... I do not pause my Charge2 at each stop, irrespective of how long the wait has to be.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CC45Angel the only time a wait would matter if your letting the tracker auto detect the bike ride. 

If you start and stop it from the tracker you are telling it how long to stay in bike mode. 

Do you see a map after you sync? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlvaroFitbit .... unfortunately your advice doesn't work ...

Everything it's ok with the gps in "run" mode ... nothing in "bike" mode

Smiley Sad

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
Yes. Every works fine except the distance measurement.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is still not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you see a map after the bike ride?  This would be a way to tell if the GPS was working. For a bike ride to show distance, the user must use the multisport mode with connected GPS and a map will be produced. 

You will also see a small phone icon on the tracker saying that it is connected to the phones GPS. 

GPS may also have been turned off under the Charge 2 - Exercise - Bike settings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also problems with the map-distance. When i Bike to my work in the morning everything is allright.  But when i go home and check my fitbit at home. The distance is not correct. Everything else is good, the time and the heartbeat is correct. But i allready read now that the problem is known. So i hope that is soon solved.

Best Answer

There still seems to be no resolution to this problem.  My Charge 2 used to record distance correctly.  This is not helpful as it gives me incorrect speed information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any up date on Fitbit sorting the bike distance tracking bug?

Best Answer