Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to track bike distance in biking mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is not any kind of problem measuring the distance and get the map in Run mode.

I try several time in several mode to get the distance for Biking mode: first pairing my Iphone with the wrist, select the Bike mode and start; start the Bike mode in the wrist and than pairing the phone.

What I am doing wrong ?

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131

The biking is not working for me too in Android device using Charge-2. This is too bad.

There is no option to track biking on the app, while the charge2 is showing "press fitbit App" after i selected the biking exercise.

Please help and resolve the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm getting exactly the same problem. Just cycled 6.3 miles to work, and it's logged 1.6 miles, but given me 250 calories, and the duration is correct.

Please fix

Best Answer

I am also having the same issue on Android 8. When I originally purchased the unit it worked fine for about a month, now if records only about 1/2 the time and distance. The GPS is working correctly and google fit display the correct distance, but fitbit does about 12. It also shows the speed as stopping and starting all the time although my ride doesn't have any stops.

Looks like this but has been around for over a year, when can we expect this to be resolved?

Best Answer

I have spoken to the support, they said this is a known issue and is being worked on, but no dates. As this is known issue for over a year, I will be returning my charge 2 to the shop as it is not doing the one thing I bought it for. Guess this is the only way to make a point with them as they don't seems to care about this.

Garmin it is

Best Answer

I get the whole route on the map, then it says 0 KM. I also had the icon on the device showing its connected.

Speed showing as 0, distance as 0

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a newbie went for a 11.5km bike ride this morning using both my Fitbit and Map my Walk apps as wanted to compare recordings.   

Fitbit recorded only 1 direction of the ride 5.09km and correct time whereas both the Map my Walk apps and tracker on bike recorded correct distance and time.  GPS and Bluetooth were connected so fail to understand correct recording.  

As a newbie to Fitbit I want to ensure my deice is tracking pretty much accurately and defeats the purpose of having it if I can't trust it' recordings or have to use another app simultaneously.

Welcome your advice.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same- 11.5km this morning but tracked 5.09km

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm seeing this as well, and it's recently gotten worse.  My biking commute to work is almost exactly 5mi according to Google Maps.  My fitbit (Charge2) was consistently measuring it as ~4.7-4.8 miles.

Today was the first day I biked in ~2 weeks (hiatus due to rain) and today the measurement was 3.71 miles.

The recorded map of my trip is accurate, but the distance is way off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I frankly have given up on the Fitbit for giving me accurate data on this, and many other data points and only use it as a rough measure of my activities… I’ve got my eye on something more reliable though.

Sent from my Windows 10 phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm finding the mileage is inaccurate too. 10 miles recorded as 8.6. So i gave up on connected gps as it was useless.

I followed instructions for walking and manually setting a stride length. It's now at 52 inches for a 32 inside leg ????? as if! and is still under counting.

The stride length is way too high and the mileage too low.

It's more or less expecting me to do the splits on every step - impossible. 

Does anything work with fitbit anymore?

The cheapo Chinese watches look pretty tempting and couldn't perform any worse. 

This has been going on for months now. It's totally unacceptable.

And yes I have practically dismantled my phone trying to get this rubbish software and hardware to work.

even s-health is more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well Fitbit doesn’t seen to care… keep me posted on anything you discover! Alternatives to Fitbit, etc…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I faced the same issues earlier but now fitbit seems to be pretty accurate at tracking my biking distances. One key thing that worked for me was to wait until the phone sync shows up correctly before I start biking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not been able to get my charge 2 to record bike distance at all. No map displays and I have gone through every step in this thread multiple times. The tracker is correctly paired with my iPhone 6.  Very disappointing.

Best Answer

When starting the bike ride, does the Charge 2 show that it is connected to the phones GPS, @Flotterz

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for your reply. I always check that the phone and Charge 2 are connected via Bluetooth before getting on the bike. In the iPhone settings, Location Services, the Fitbit app is set to access location "always". Not sure what else I can do......

Best Answer
0 Votes

But do you check the Charge 2 itself to see if the Charge 2 tells you that your connected to the GPS? What does the phone icon tell you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know how to do that. There is no instruction in the documentation for the Charge 2 that I can find that tells how to do it. The phone icon does not tell me anything about GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When not synced, I get nothing.  In all these cases the sync appears good, and the number counts steadily, it's just way off.  Yesterday I biked home from work with the Fitbit while also using an app on the phone to track distance.

Phone: 4.86 mi

Fitbit: 3.40 mi

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's typical for what I get, too, using multiple devices simultaneously. A little variance is to be expected, but wild discrepancies are not acceptable! My Fitbit pulse reading produces similar discrepancies… Have you looked into any alternatives?

Best Answer
0 Votes