Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to track bike distance in biking mode

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is not any kind of problem measuring the distance and get the map in Run mode.

I try several time in several mode to get the distance for Biking mode: first pairing my Iphone with the wrist, select the Bike mode and start; start the Bike mode in the wrist and than pairing the phone.

What I am doing wrong ?

Ro/Charge 3/IOS
Best Answer
131 REPLIES 131
Yeah I’ve definitely orders the wrong one!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to be today using the FitbitHR4.  Only logged a few miles when I had gone considerably more, although the mapping was correct.  Also tracked using Map my Ride which gave a much more accurate reading with the same mapping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having this issue on my fitbit too, would show the map of my cycle ride, but incorrect distance.Been bugging me for weeks.

Today I tried to log it in strava but this came up with a message that it couldn't track the distance as background GPS needed to be enabled.

I have a samsung, and this involved me changing my power saving mode from Medium, to optimized.

Hey presto, it now works correctly in fitbit. So thank you strava for identifying the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have just a basic fitbit and it never tracked my biking accurately.  Not moving your arms I figured.  Never depended on it for any stats in this area
Best Answer
0 Votes

I currently have a charge 2 and my phone is a Google Pixel 3 XL.  Im having the exact same issues everyone else is facing....I thought it was my tracker since it is an older version so I decided to do some research on the Versa but seems likes same issues.  Just like everyone else here I really like the Fitbit app but they really need to get their act together and fix this on going issue 😡.

Does anyone know if the charge 4 that just came out is having the same issues? It comes with on board GPS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From my experience, I think this is more an issue with your phone than with your fitbit.
Your phone is tracking GPS and shutting down background activity for power saving, look at your power saving options and enable background activity may well solve the issue.

Best Answer

@rtuffin yes on android we need to make sure power management for Fitbit is turned off. 

More things to check in the help docs 

If I find the GPS isn't connecting, and know everything else is set,, restart of the phone usually has me up. 

@Nilesh84 the Charge 4 has built in GPS and doesn't need the phone nearby. 

Best Answer

I've got an Ionic and so does my wife. Our distance is logged in the exercise section of the app but not on our watches or in our daily distance. Our ride was 9.5km but our watches and the app only record 1.8 while the actual exercise listed in the exercise tab shows the map, the distance, heart rate etc.

How do I fix this?  And why aren't all my stats synced? Seems like this has been going on for about 4years now with no solutions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’ve got a Fitbit charge 3 and when I put bike mode on it doesn’t track my distance at all! I can’t seem to find weather it not my gps on my phone is connected on it or not because I’ve tried to see and location setting is not available on the app itself? 

Best Answer

I'm about to return my Inspire HR b/c it's not tracking miles on bike rides. This is the main reason I got it! I select biking on my device and bluetooth is on (both phone and watch). I've texted with your support team several times but still no luck! Frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told my Inspire HR would AUTO DETECT but it doesn't.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same with my Inspire HR........ 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes