Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa + Charge 3 connected to one account?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is it not possible to add the Charge 3 AND the Versa to your Fitbit account? 

Some days I would like to wear the Versa and some other days the Charge 3?

Tips, tricks?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community @MrPuma. I'll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 and Versa question.

At this time you can't have Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa connected to the same account.  Since you have two of these devices, be sure to have only one connected to your account at a time.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community @MrPuma. I'll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 and Versa question.

At this time you can't have Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa connected to the same account.  Since you have two of these devices, be sure to have only one connected to your account at a time.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

I was quite frustrated by this as well.  I have a versa and decided to get the charge 3.  I was very annoyed when I couldn't sync both, as I had always read that you could you have multiple on your account, as long as it wasn't more than one of one specific model. Especially when right after I got the charge 3, I was initially able to link it to my account with the versa.  But then the charge 3 was damaged and I had to send it back.  Once I went to sync the trackers again, then the charge 3 would not sync unless I got rid of the versa.  I really hope they can make this work sooner rather than later.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your comments @eeyore6802. Fitbit team always works to get solutions to the issues. 

As you mentioned on your post, you could have 2 different Fitbit devices in one account. This changed with Smart Watches and Charge 3. 

Let´s hope to have these two devices working together soon!

Thank you for visiting the forums and if you have more questions please visit us again. Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here!!!! I purchased a charge 3 wanting to wear the charge at work and the versa everywhere else. it was real disappointing that you can't have both on the same account. is it an app coding issue? for a company as big as fitbit this should be an easy fix and I'm assuming this will turn off a lot of customers. it is bad enough there is zero Linux support now this ughhhh. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @robotheart73. I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your feedback regarding adding Fitbit Versa and Charge 3 to the same account. 

Currently, I don´t have information about this being possible but I hope this could happen in the future. Operation systems from both devices are very similar and at this time, having both devices on the same account cause difficulties. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Very disapointed.

Your marketing should have said that you cant combine the products on one account.

Will this be solved?

If not - money back for ither of...?

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @BHJIller. I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your comments. 

At this time, I don't have information about this feature being released in a near future. 

You can check the Return Policy and Warranty

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am hoping at some point that Fitbit will look into this issue so we could have the versa and charge 3 on one account.  It is not convenient to switch between the two when the big selling point for me was being able to use more than one fitbit on an account.  Here's hoping that this is fixed in the future.

Best Answer

Exactly 👍!

Why change now? All other products over the years have worked to the same account.

Best Answer

It´s nice to see you here @leslieeh and @BHJIller. Welcome! I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your comments.

At this time it´s only possible to have one of both devices paired to one account. Our team works to improve user´s experience and we take your feedback seriously. Please vote for the suggestion Allow Ionic, Versa & Charge 3 on the same account that is under consideration.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Why?

Is there a technical issue?

Something else? What?

Moderator edit: removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your question @BHJIller.  apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you.

Currently devices with this OS can be paired to the same account. 

Thank you for visiting the forums.

Best Answer

Sorry, very poor answer I Think!

How could you/Fitbit build/specify an OS with so a different funktion NOW (not linking new products simultainlesly to the same account), when it did work so well before with your other pruducts?

Best Answer

Sure hope they fix this....

I wanted a new smartwatch but I cant wear something that smart at work. I CAN wear the Charge 3 though. So, having seen that you can have more than 1 fitbit on an account, I bought both.

Now i have to repair them every time I switch?????

Fix it plz.

Best Answer

I agree... Very POOR answer.  I have a Charge 3 and today  bought a Versa. I looked online prior to my purchase and everywhere says 2 devices can be on one account.  Including Fitbits own page.  To confirm I asked the associate at Best Buy and was told I could link both to the same account just to realize I can't.  I found out through this thread that this is not possible with these 2 devices but it is with other devices.  This is ridiculous and should be printed on the boxes of these devices.  We spend a lot of money on our devices and are given misleading information.  I will be returning my Versa and looking into an Apple Watch.  

Best Answer

Can you have a Charge 2 and Versa on the same account?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 and Versa work together. Hopefully Fitbit will pull their finger out and get the charge 3 to work with the Versa. 

Best Answer

So, who designed the platform and software NEVER thought to encourage people into BUYING MORE FROM Fitbit by allowing them to pair, use, have more then 1 device on the platform ( I am referring to the latest devices) ? Really? 

This thread alone should raise concerns to the bad implementation and immediately correct it because you guys are loosing money as we speak and last time I checked Fitbit was not in the position to say pass when it comes to money.

I have an Ionic and Charge 2 and got yesterday an Charge 3... to my surprise Charge 2 was getting along fine with Ionic but not so much with Charge 3.... bummer.

Did I mention how upset I am?

Best Answer

This is not solved. The solution is awful. We want our devices working together as promised. If I had known our new shiny devices will not work together on the app I wouldn’t have wasted my money. I will think twice when I come to replace one or another of my Fitbit’s. 

Best Answer