Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want current heart rate on dashboard, not resting heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I used to be able have my current heart rate displayed on my iphone dashboard.  It refreshed in real time. So as I exercised, I could easily monitor the affect on my heart rate.  Very useful.  But in the recent past, that tile disappeared.  I'm guessing it disappeared with a Fitbit update, for an unknown reason only the developer might know.  The only heart rate tile I can find is my resting heart rate, which is totally useless on a dashboard.  What happened to the current heart rate tile?  And can I get it back??

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ko40370 Thanks for your reply and for confirming that all of those settings are enabled for you to see live heart rate data on the Fitbit app's dashboard.

It seems that the only one we are missing to check is the All-Day Sync option. To check this one, try the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the tracker's tile (The Charge HR's picture located at the top left corner of the app).
  • Swipe down and find "All-Day Sync". Make sure it it on.
  • Sync your tracker.

If this doesn't work, try the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Log back in to the Fitbit app.
  • Check if the options above are enabled.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

@ko40370 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting this situation with the live heart rate on the Fitbit app.

Mine is still showing the live heart rate in big, and below the resting heart rate in small. There must be some settings that could be preventing yours from showing:

• Make sure the connected symbol appears next to your tracker image at the top of the dashboard.
  • Make sure your tracker is updated
  • Check if the "Live Data" option is on (Go to your online dashboard > click the gear icon > click Settings > Select your device > Turn on "Live Data" option > Sync your tracker).
  • Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. 
  • Make sure "All-day Sync" is turned on on the Fitbit app.

Making sure all of the above is enabled will make the app show your live heart rate as you walk. Check this helpful article for more details.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the dashboard is connected and updating on my iphone, I know because as I walk, my step count increases in real time.  But the heart rate tile is not updating with my current heart rate.  IIRC, the heart icon would slightly "pulse" with each heart beat, and the current heart rate would be present.  But sometime in the recent past, that functionality disappeared.  My version is 18.128 and it synced just a few minutes ago. Live data is enabled.  I don't see any setting called All-Day Sync.  Please advise where that is...thanks!  O/T: I tried to include a jpg image of my screen, but this forum won't allow it.  Why is that?

Best Answer

@ko40370 Thanks for your reply and for confirming that all of those settings are enabled for you to see live heart rate data on the Fitbit app's dashboard.

It seems that the only one we are missing to check is the All-Day Sync option. To check this one, try the following:

• Open the Fitbit app.
  • Tap the tracker's tile (The Charge HR's picture located at the top left corner of the app).
  • Swipe down and find "All-Day Sync". Make sure it it on.
  • Sync your tracker.

If this doesn't work, try the following:

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Log back in to the Fitbit app.
  • Check if the options above are enabled.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

All Day sync was off, I enabled and I have my heart rate back!  Thank you thank you thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ko40370 Thanks for your quick response and for providing this information regarding All-Day Sync!

I'm very glad to hear that your live heart rate data is showing once again. I'm sure this will help other users who might be experiencing the same. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sad to say, even after rebooting my iPhone and reloading the app. The fitbit charge 3 is still showing the resting heart rate. 

All-Day Sync is on, however, with a whirling circle, therefore, I think still having problems Syncing. 

Any futher words of wisdom?

One other thing that worked for me after trying out all the suggestions made by SantiFitbit. I deleted the Charge 3 Bluetooth on the phone and then reinstated it. By joe, it worked

Moderator Edit: Merged User's Posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the situation you were experiencing with the heart rate data that was showing on the Fitbit app and tracker. 

I'm really glad you are back on track now. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have done as per your instructions, but the current heart rate is still not being displayed.

The phone bluetooth sates charge 3 is connected, however in the sync part of the app, there is continuous spinning wheel, see photos. Any help would be appreciated.DD5CF32C-5115-41DB-A8F4-50FBD33C5D84.png

E5E90302-DFFC-4D58-97A6-812119A77C88.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can usually only see resting heart rate on my Fitbit inspire mobile app. Occasionally for some reason I can’t figure out it will show the active heart rate according to my Fitbit. But I can’t figure out how to get it to show I have read the responses and answers and I think something has changed since the last Fitbit upgrade. I can’t even find “all day sync”; just sync now. Please know how important this is to me. I happened to notice this week that my heart rate was elevated because of my Fitbit. Turns out it stayed elevated for a day and a half and I ended up in the ER and would never have been aware that I was having a problem if it had not been for my Fitbit at first I thought the heart rate was defective but I have it another brand watch I wear on my other arm and it’s heart rate matched FITBIT. I want to be able to open my Fitbit app and see my current heart rate and not just my resting heart rate.

Best Answer

The same thing is happening with my Charge 3.  Shows Resting heart rate but not current.  And all of this started after a Fitbit update. This throws everything off (calories burned during exercise and throughout the day are not accurate as current heart rate is not registering).  I hope we find a solution quickly.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply as it is actually comforting to know I am not the only one unable to have my active heart rate showing consistently on my dashboard. It does show up sporadically and just before I replied to this, I was able to see it with an active reading of my heart rate. No explanation of why it comes and goes. Usually it’s only a resting heart rate. I also now notice and possibly this may be due to a recent Fitbit update, there is no longer the option to sync all day. All I have available is sync now.  I followed others instructions saying to go to settings then my device than live data and there is no live data option. So something must’ve happened and I am now assuming others are experiencing this issue.

Best Answer

Thank you for reporting the lack of 'all day syncing' as an option.  I spent so long trying to work out why I could not find this option any longer, despite following the instructions, only a 'sync now' option.  The live heart rate has vanished only in the last month for me, so it must have been an update, but I absolutely relied on that, and it helped save a medical emergency once, so it is super important to have that function working (specially as my fitbit screen has now become dark and unreadable since that last update, so I can only monitor it on my phone or iPad).  Can anyone from FITBIT offer a suggestion/ solution to this please?

Best Answer

Logging out worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is affecting me too. Very occasionally it displays live heart rate, but usually only resting heart rate. It does seem a blatant fault in software. All other features seem to update regularly, like steps, hourly activity. Fitbit Inspire 2.0, and IPhone XR. 

Best Answer

I had the same problem and none of the advice given worked. 

In the device menu I switched my HR from On to Auto and I have current HR back....if I click through it shows me resting HR. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn’t have that option, it is an on or off and that is it. A bit frustrated 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t see all day sync. Where do you find this?

Best Answer
0 Votes