Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: Ebay purchases from authorised retailers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have a DOA Fitbit HR that has been unopened in storage for a while but still under warranty.  Gifted item for mothers day.  Discovered it wont hold charge, cant update firmware etc.  Its broken and been through the support channels with no resolution.

I have been denied warranty support as it was purchased from Ebay.  Even though the reseller IS an authorised reseller.  In fact, there are 6 other Fitbit listed authorised resellers (in Australian Ebay) listing Fitbit items.

Some items are even listed stating they have factory warranty!

My purchase receipt even states that I paid the reseller (not Ebay) for the item.

I dont understand why Fitbit wont support the item!  It was new, listed by an authorised reseller (in this case Telstra) yet will not provide ANY remedy.

Frankly so disappointed in the process i'm forced to disband Fitbit (recently purchased an Ionic too) as I feel as though I cannot be involved with their poor treatment of customers.

Sad!

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I'm sorry but it is stated in the warranty.

There is no way for Fitbit to be assured it was an authorized dealer. You should be talking to the dealer anyways if something was wrong with it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The receipt states it was purchased from an authorised reseller, in this case Telstra in Australia.

Payment was made directly to Telstra.

Fitbit has zero risk here.  Its not Joe Blogs direct grey imports, its a legit large seller listed as an authorised reseller.  Fail to see how Ebay changes anything provided correct proof of purchase is supplied.

I see no reference or clear indication in any statements that when purchasing an item from an authorised reseller, via Ebay (remember Ebay does not directly sell items, it links buyers and sellers) results in zero warranty coverage.

By Australian consumer law, it is upto me if I want the retailer or the manufacturer to remedy manufacturing issues.  Its not the seller's or manufacturer's decision.

Best Answer

My Ionic that I purchased from Dick Smith Electronics just before he shutdown has gone on the blink and cannot be repaired. I have just got off the help line and told sorry they were not an authorised agent. How would a customer know if they were authorised or not? The disappointing part is that there is no incentive to buy another Fitbit, I have had 3 in just under 8 years. Not a good track record for an expensive watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might be stated in the warranty form, but who reads that before they purchase the item?

When you go to a store and they have a Fitbit stand with all of your products, one would expect that they are an authorised agent.

How do they get your product without been an authorised agent?

Fitbit should have better control of their products.

Best Answer

Some ebay sellers get their merchandise from returned items that large retailers. have sold. Those retailers offer no warranties 99% of the time. Fitbit knows this and they are taking an easy out. In my opinion of a watch was purchased unopened or still within the warranty period, or even off warranty, they should offer to do something just to preserve their brand. 

Best Answer

Notify Ebay to get a refund/replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_9d33.jpg

Hi Nett2Be, I just bought a Fitbit on eBay. It's a Versa 2 and was advertised as "brand new." It came in a new sealed box with all the accessories. But when I looked at Settings, it said the Activation Date was December of 2019. I understand that means it's the date the watch was set up by a user. So, do you have any idea how it came in a new sealed box and looks brand new? I am trying to decide whether to keep it or return it while I still can. It seems to work just fine but if it's that old, does that mean the battery will die soon? By the way, I complained to the eBay seller that is it now new.  He offered to refund me $50 so my net cost would be around $34 for this watch. But is that even worth it if it will stop working soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Should be covered under eBay if not resolved by seller.

Best Answer

Yes. I can get refund. I am just trying to understand where he got this watch that does look brand new and has all accessories. He is letting me buy it for just $34. And it seems to work at the moment. I just wonder if it will die any second since it's from 2019.

Best Answer
0 Votes