Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear it on your ankle!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I ordered a replacement band that would allow me to wear my Charge 2 on either my wrist or my ankle.  I changed it to my non-dominant ankle and place the body of the pebble over the artery on the inside of my leg just above the ankle bone.  Wow!!! What a difference in the step count!  It gets EVERY step and not just those when I swing my arm. My step count almost doubled from the previous wrist only days. It even tracks heart rate and automatically picked up a 17 minute walk. Amazing! These things should have been designed for the ankle all along. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

You would be best to by a second fitbit, or maybe a third(leg, arm, and waist), put them on seperate accounts and compare the leaderboard for 6 months. Ill bet you will be surprised at how close they are.

No i did not use the leg, but 2 if the months my Fitbit One and tge wrist where within 100 steps. Individual weeks had several within 300 steos, and many days their positions n the leaderboard would switch with every sync. I made sure i always synced both trackers.

BTW, I tried the ankle, you should see all the extra steps i get when i tap my foot or ride the unicycle. Like i say, no tracker or possition is good for everyday activity. I do find that while on walks the step counts are spot on. OK, within 10 steps.

Also saying that you get more steps does not mean that the count recorded is anybetter, you will have to use your bain and count each step, then compare.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But is the less over counting? I've heard about the drastically different counts, and have wondered if it's confused..... I would think that the arm count may have some compensation. I wish they also allowed me to say dominant, non-dominant, and then leg...

Heck, I think they need a driving setting. I drive uber, and got about 3500 steps on my non-dominant right hand. Being left handed, I also wonder if it counts dominant correctly... So much is made for righties thay I still do more with my right hand than righties do with their left hand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is a setting for dominate and non-dominate arm, and on Android there is an app called travelbit that when run in the background will tell Fitbit that your driving. 

Best Answer
0 Votes