Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wet Charge 3, device won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I took a shower in my Charge 3 , it said low battery , now it's just vibrating and will not turn on . I've put it on the charger and its just short burst of vibration ! But its not coming on 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Hi @TiffMichele_123 That does not sound good at all! I will flag your post for a Moderators assistance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TiffMichele_123, it's good to see you around in the Community forums for the first time. I'm sorry to see you've been having trouble with the Charge 3 not responding after it got wet in the shower. 

As mentioned here, the Charge 3 is swim proof and water-resistant, and you should be able to shower with it without any problem. Before considering other options, please try to perform the restart procedure on your device following these steps in, and let me know if you're able to get any reaction on the display. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Thank you @NellyG!

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm going to try this tomorrow when I'm near a computer because trying this when its plugged to a wall is not working at all and I'm beyond frustrated .!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had it plugged up for over an hour and the restart process is NOT working and this is starting make me a little livid ! I dont understand how you can say a device is water proof then when I goes in water it doesn't work ! I'm at my wits end .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TiffMichele_123 , thank you for your reply, and for trying to perform the restart to make sure it's not a problem related just to the display.  

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, so you should be getting a reply soon with more instructions. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I hope everything goes well, keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this ever get resolved? Mine is having the same issue. 

Best Answer
The sent me another one !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, I guess I will have to go the same route. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did raise a little hell tho ! Lol because it was advertise that you could swim in it , I took a shower in it and it never came back on ! I was like ummmm I’d swim longer than I showered soo fix it !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, welcome to the Community forums @DeathDove

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. Make sure you continue the communication with them to find a resolution. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with this as well @TiffMichele_123!  

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here to find an answer because I had the same exact issue and pretty upset. My Fitbit screen went dead even though the Fitbit is recording data. I can’t see what’s happening, can’t tell time and it’s upsetting because I’ve been quite dependent on it. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not sure if yours can be salvaged since it is still recording data,
but they had to send me a replacement for mine.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Death dove who did you talk to and how. Even though mine is still recording data, it’s pretty useless because I can’t see the data and it’s really frustrating. I’m so disappointed it was supposed to be waterproof so I went for a swim so I could record my swim and that was that.... the end of it.
Best Answer
I had to contact the support department. I chatted with someone then ended
up going through several emails before they sent me a replacement. They
kept asking me to update my Fitbit and I kept reiterating that it wasn't
turning on before they sent me a replacement. I would recommend starting
with chatting with the support department.
Best Answer
0 Votes
When I tell you I’ve been over Fitbit ! I wanted a replacement to my device not the money !!! Someone insisted that I get a refund , I was adamant about getting a working device !! They are NOT water proof so I really wish they would cut that advertisement out of the commercials !! I’ll never spend money on a Fitbit again !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @evawere. Sorry for the late response. 

Thank you for sharing all this information, I'm sorry to see that you've experienced the same difficult with your Charge 3 not working after using it for swimming. I've proceeded to send your information to the Support team for further assistance with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thank you for all this feedback and for sharing your experience with this @DeathDove@TiffMichele_123

Let me know if you have further questions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old post but this is affecting me right now. I use this thing every day rely on it for fitness sleep watching what I eat everything. I've tried the suggested restarts and clock changes etc. All it's doing is vibrating even on the charger. Please some one help!

Best Answer

Hi,

I woke up this morning and my fitbit is stone dead. Also had a shower with it last night. I can see that there is moisture within the device. I've put it in some rice. Only time will tell if it comes back on. Of not, what is next?

Best Answer
0 Votes