Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wet Charge 3, device won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I took a shower in my Charge 3 , it said low battery , now it's just vibrating and will not turn on . I've put it on the charger and its just short burst of vibration ! But its not coming on 

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38
I will NEVER get another FitBit !!!! They didn’t replace the one I had trouble with so I since let it go & got an Apple Watch :watch:️... I wouldn’t recommend that junk to anyone !! It is definitely not as advertised!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yea I am very disappointed that mine broke after a year and a month of having it. FITBIT would not replace my Charge 3 because it was past the year warranty. They offered me a discount on a new one but it didn't come close to prices I found elsewhere. Pretty disappointing but being that I have found better prices and dont feel like learning a new app and device I've decided to buy a Versa 2. Hopefully this one works out better than my first one. 🤞🤞🤞

Best Answer
I had mine for 3 months , and they still didn’t replace it !

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

wow 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, sorry for the late response. 

@BKendi, thank you for all the details that you've provided regarding the screen not working properly. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them.

@CatherineCav, I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox

@TiffMichele_123 @BKendi, I'm sorry to see that it wasn't possible to resolve the problem with the screen. It is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services.

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing with mine.

Wont turn on or vibrate once charging.

I went into a pool for less than 3 mins, definitely NOT waterproof.  

Best Answer

Hi @Gemcoal1, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums.  

Thank you for confirming that you've experienced the same inconvenience with the screen of your Charge 3 that is not turning back on after you went into a pool. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Paid all this extra money to specifically have a waterproof Fitbit and the first time it gets wet, DEAD. I’ve have nothing but trouble with every Fitbit I’ve owned. Can’t find receipt right now but only maybe had a little more than a year. Warranty or not, if it’s advertised as waterproof, it should be waterproof. That’s false advertising!

Best Answer

My charge 3 has the exact same issue. It's been days and still dead, still havent heard back from FitBit customer support...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this the ultimate way you got traffic on the case? I'm having the same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went swimming last night and decided for the first time to wear my Fitbit. When I got out it started vibrating in short bursts and flipping through screens. I dried it off completely including removing the bands. I then did a restart and left it plugged in overnight, and went to my old charge 2.  This morning my Fitbit is unresponsive and won't turn on at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too! went into the pool today with my charge 3, it was working fine at first, was checking the time and what not. when i got out i took it off quick so the band can air dry. it ended up dying while drying so i pulled it into the charging cable and nothing happened. has been like this for the past 2 hours now. it doesn't show anything but sometimes a smiley face and a white line on a black screen, also randomly vibrates. i don't understand why you would say it's water proof and then the first time in water it dies!! getting very frustrated 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Went swimming with mine and had no problems until later that night.  Durned thing blinked and flashed and vibrated all night.  Charged it the next morning.  It was possessed all day and wore the battery down.  Charged it again that evening.  It blinked and flashed and vibrated all night again.  Wore it for a few hours today before it completely crashed.  Won't turn on.  Won't reboot.  Won't charge.  Won't work in any way.  Super-frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me after swimming in shallow water. While in the water, it kept vibrating like I was touching it and that completely drained the battery. It now doesn't show anything on the screen nor communicates with my phone, but vibrates on the charger.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had mine over a year and used it everyday since buying it. Was caught in the rain today and now experiencing the same issues as others have detailed. I will be really disappointed if rain water has stopped it from working when it is advertised as waterproof!!! I will have to see if i can get it sorted when i get back home tomorrow 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue.  I didn't even go swimming or shower, I worked out hard in Florida in 93 degree heat and was sweating a lot. I can see moisture in the back.  It started flashing screens and vibrating.  Now it won't turn on and when connected to the charger just randomly vibrates.  It appears to be totally dead.  I have only had it since April.  Forget water resistant, hello we are all washing our hands a lot more and it evens tells you to, but its not sweat proof apparently.  This also happened after the system upgrade, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well hell hopefully they replace you guys one , because they didn’t replace mine at all ... I just got me an Apple Watch and was done with the crap !!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue! I took a shower with it on, then it had some sort of white strip through it and now its not turning on at all. I've tried to restart it and charge it. Nothing. I don't know what to do.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. @DrunkPandaXX. Welcome to the community forums. 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for letting me know that you've followed some troubleshooting steps. I'd like to let you know that if restarting or charging your Charge 3 didn't work, my best recommendation is to contact our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

Please make sure to mention the inconvenience and the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

On a side note, this thread is now closed. If you have a different inquiry, please make sure to post it in a new thread.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes