Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the best settings to track GPS on Charge 4?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. What are the best settings for GPS? I had mine set on phone today and had my phone with me. I set the watch to record my walk. I walked over 5km but the Fitbit only recorded 2.88km and provided no map. Any suggestions / help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @coynies , welcome to the community, as a rule of thumb no map = no GPS, for some reason your charge 4 did not link to your mobile phone for your walk. I walk for about 2.5 hours a day and use my phone GPS with reliable results. Allow me to describe my routine?

The charge 4 GPS settings are phone GPS, GLONASS on, low power GPS off. These last two only affect the built-in GPS allowing slightly more accurate fixes in higher Latitudes and quicker "connection". You must ensure your phone Bluetooth is on. On starting my walk I go to exercises, "walk" and touch "start", wait for the dancing GPS arrow to indicate "connected" then touch the "play" arrow after which you can touch the screen and choose the display you want. On completing your walk touch the side button twice and touch "finish" when you will see a time indicating how long you walked for. Sync your phone app and details will appear. How do I use GPS on my Fitbit device? provides much more detail.

I hope this is helpful, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

I had the same issue this weekend, I went on a 20mile bike ride but my fitbit only recorded about 12 miles.... the first mile was a bust because the GPS wasn't functining well and kept losing connection, prompting me to change my settings (Use Built-In, GLONAS on and Low Power Off), and then I got the correct map but inaccurate distance. Not sure how to improve the GPS tracking so I can get the correct distance logged.

Best Answer

Hi, @Michsam23 welcome, I suggest you follow my advice in the earlier post here.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Hi, I mentioned in my post that I already did that and am still getting inaccurate data.

Best Answer

Best setting! By far! Thank you so much 🙏🏾

Best Answer

Would I use the same settings for higher latitudes? What is considered higher?  I am at 47°N....

Best Answer