Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do if I submerged my tracker into water?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went swimming wearing my fitbit HR thinking it was waterproof. Then I realised it wasn't when the battery died on me. I've tried letting it go completely flat and for a moment I thought it was ok, then it died again. It just shows a thin bar across the screen which is half full. The page on my phone tells me my battery is dead. Any advice? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@ange1  be sure to get out any excess moisture from your Fitbit by putting it in a dry bowl or rice for a day or two. Then clean all the contacts points and charge the device, plus do a restart. This is about all you can do.

Try that and let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, Fitbit currently languishing in a bowl of rice. I'll let you know how it gets on

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ange1 and @Odyssey13, hope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities. Cat Embarassed

@Odyssey13 thank you for the awesome instructions provided here, I'd like to add the restart steps to help @ange1 to get the Charge HR back:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging. 
  2. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V122"). 
  3. Let go of the button. 
  4. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

Once the restart process is done, if you still have the slim bar on the tracker's display, please try the steps I posted here.

Let me know if you have questions.

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
Thanks for this, unfortunately the version number never showed on the screen and cancelling the Fitbit on the account didn't make a difference either. I think
The battery is dead.
Thanks anyway
Angela

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you again my friend @ange1. I want to thank you for trying all the suggestions from this thread, since any of them worked, I've created a support case, please check the inbox of the email address you used to create the Community account since our support team is going to contact you to give you more information.

I'll be around. Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer

Hi!So my Fitbit has been doing the same thing and I even put it in rice and tried to reset it MANY TIMES but it won’t work!I have an HR too, can anyone help me out🥶🥶

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @salhulluo 

Sometimes it takes 48 hours or so in rice before charging and restarting it. There is also the chance that your Charge HR has died. With all the sales going on, you might want to think about a new Fitbit.Try the rice again, clean all connections and then charge and restart it. Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes