Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if GPS is disconnected?-Charge 4

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First off I will say this happens rarely so its no big deal (or at least I dont see it as a hardware issue)  just figured i would ask to make sure im not missing anything......

When the charge 4 loses GPS are you able to get it back on with out stopping the work out or using a mobile device?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

~ james
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community, @JamesRingFitBit.

Thank you for your question about what happens if your Fitbit Charge 4 loses GPS signal.

If Dynamic GPS is set up at the start of your activity, your Fitbit Tracker will use the GPS sensors on your smartphone (Connected GPS) to obtain GPS data. If the signal is lost during your activity, your tracker will automatically switch to Built-in GPS and will try to get the GPS signal. If the signal is lost again, the tracker will no longer try to get connected.

For more information on how GPS works on your Charge 4, please visit this article.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community, @JamesRingFitBit.

Thank you for your question about what happens if your Fitbit Charge 4 loses GPS signal.

If Dynamic GPS is set up at the start of your activity, your Fitbit Tracker will use the GPS sensors on your smartphone (Connected GPS) to obtain GPS data. If the signal is lost during your activity, your tracker will automatically switch to Built-in GPS and will try to get the GPS signal. If the signal is lost again, the tracker will no longer try to get connected.

For more information on how GPS works on your Charge 4, please visit this article.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My GPS is set to dynamic but it loses the signal quite often and the tracking stops. This happens even in central London...

Is there any way to switch it back on manually, without stopping the execrise?

Thanks

Matt

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @MatiMati.

To resolve issues with GPS we recommend following the troubleshooting steps in this article in the menu "How do I get my Fitbit device to connect to GPS?".

There is no option to manually turn on GPS when the signal is lost. You are welcome to make a suggestion in the Feature Suggestions board which is constantly monitored by the engineering team for future implementations.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes