Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the story with this bloody disco ball?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

disco.PNG

I tried to turn off all notifications on the charge 4. This bloody disco ball appearing accompanied by vibrations during my workouts does my nut in. How do I get rid of this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

We each have a primary daily goal. By default it is 10,000 steps and when we hit our primary goal we get a "celebration" on the fitbit. 

I'm not sure we can can turn it off but we can change it - either to another metric such as distance, or to a different value. It it's of no interest to you you could just change it to a value you will never reach. Instructions are in the following help file:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1955

Best Answer

Thank you so much, it was driving me around the bend. It's rather well hidden innit?

Android Fitbit app, upper lefthand corner, activity.

goals.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

This approach affects more than just the unwanted Fitbit notifications, since progress towards your goals will be unmeasurable (since you had to make the goals physically impossible due to lack of software features)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rkeene and welcome to the Community forum.  I can see from your profile that you are a new user.  Can you give a few more details about any issues you are having with your Charge 4 and notifications?

I want to add that the changes made by the OP were a little over the top.  You set one main goal.  You get the vibration with your main goal.  The OP didn't need to change everything.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it and it is useful. It's still obnoxious that I can't measure progress towards my main goal (which remains set to basically infinity) just to avoid getting spurious notifications that cannot be disabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes