Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the button on the Charge 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received a Charge 3 last week for my birthday, replacing my old Charge HR.  I charged it, synced it to my app and all was well.  For a couple days. Then the screen went blank.  It also has not been syncing.  I charged it and still no display. Everywhere I’m reading to “reboot” by pressing the button on the Fitbit itself.  My Fitbit has an indentation where I suppose a button COULD be, but it’s not a button.  Am I missing something? And is my Fitbit broken? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @RazzQuills - The Charge 3 has what is called an inductive button. It's not a traditional physical button. Directions to restart your tracker are below:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
24 REPLIES 24

Hi @RazzQuills - The Charge 3 has what is called an inductive button. It's not a traditional physical button. Directions to restart your tracker are below:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Best Answer

THANK YOU!!! Got it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

WHERE exactly is the button. Can someone describe where it is located, what it looks like, what size it is? The directions don't say anything. It says press the button...NO HELP if one cannot find the button.

Best Answer

Hi! I was also so frustrated like this thinking I was insane looking looking for a button that didn’t exist!!

the “button” isn’t really a button.  It’s an indentation on the side of the watch face.  You press your finger up against it and that activates the “button”.  You’ll feel the device vibrate.  

Best Answer

Good god the link you posted just says "restart your fitbit" and gives no instructions. This is insane.

Best Answer

This link gives absolutely no instructions for restarting the fitbit. WTF?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@deborahsmith   The posted link gives instructions to restart every current tracker.  If you click on the Charge 2 and Charge 3, you will get the details for those models.

But to save you some work, here are the ways to restart a Charge 3:

From the clock face, swipe to the left until you get to Settings > About > Reboot Device    OR

Put your Charge 3 in the charging cable, plug in in to a USB port or certified USB wall charger.  Press and hold the "button" for about 8 seconds.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have pressed everywhere on the side and face of Charge 3 with no luck.  Can someone post a picture?  The setup for my new Charge 3 is a total failure.  I cannot swipe for settings because it won't set up.  Are people returning their Charge 3s?

Best Answer

The LG G7 ThinQ is not a support phone.  I will be returning the Charge 3 to the store tomorrow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you found the button I can’t find it either mine is not turning on or charging brand new yesterday please help

Best Answer

The button is related to that groove on the left side of the tracker when you have it on your wrist. The easiest way to get it to respond is to put the charging cable on, connect to a computer port (or power source), and that will leave the left-side groove "button" exposed. Now press it and hold a bit and you will hopefully see a smiley face on the fitbit's screen. That means it's rebooting. I can't get the button to respond to me unless that charger cable in connected. Ridiculous, but hey I just got it to reboot using the cable-in-place method. Now if I can just get it to ever sync again...!

Best Answer
Thanks I tried this for hours it wound the work I’ve contacted support and they’re sending me a new one xx

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issues with turning on my charge 3 so have contacted support. Disappointed as I had issues with the charge 2 strap and screen too

Best Answer
0 Votes

So call it the "the little indentation on the side of the fitbit" or something, so people know what you folks are talking about!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Brand New Fitbit Charge 3 is 3 hours old. It's absolutely dead. It fired up initially, I ran the updater, now it's a dead as a doornail. It's been on charge for 2 hours - nothing. Cannot restart. Screen blank.

WTF

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did exactly the same as this, got it new for my birthday yesterday!

I spoke to an advisor on the Fitbit live chat this morning and they are sending me a new one 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Am having same problems: with old Fitbit 2 straps x2 and now glued on by hubbie! Got news Fitbit 3 and can’t charge! Had great reservations re. Getting the updated model. Hope I will be pleasantly surprised at some point after taking to Best Buy for assistance . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That doesnt tell you where the button is

Best Answer
0 Votes

this has to be the worst bit of kit I have ever seen

Best Answer