Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to recycle a broken Charge HR?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge HR strap is broken (2nd one), so now have a Charge 2.  The actual Fitbit works, but can't pass it on without a strap.  I want to recycle it responsibly because of the battery vs. throwing it in the trash.  Does any place take these?  I noticed a reuse site on another thread, but I would assume this is for working watches.  Any help?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
76 REPLIES 76
Yes, I can send the old Charge 3 to you. Please send info to me to send
package. My warranty had just expired (go figure) so the only thing they
offered me was 35% off a new Fitbit. Went ahead and bought a Fitbit Charge
4. The screen started to go dim actually 5 months ago but I didn't think
enough to call, just figured it was my imagination. Too bad I didn't call
when I first started to notice it because it was still under warranty at
that point.

Do you happen to know how to erase any personal data on it like my payment
numbers etc. ?

Laura
Best Answer
0 Votes

@lmseagulls Hi Laura,

Yes, I can generate a shipping label for your Charge 3. That's unfortunate about the screen brightness on your 4. Have you tried resetting it? BTW, sometimes Fitbit offers extended warranties through Squaretrade for additional money at the time of purchase, I've gotten this a few times, as it even covers accidental damage but never actually filed a claim, which is likely what they count on.

Yes, to remove all personal data from the Charge 3, if you can get it to sync while on the charger, go into settings on the app, click about, then "Clear User Data", then click the trash can to remove it from your account. If not erased, any data would be removed if/when connected with a new account, but for peace of mind, as it's always best to be certain, using "clear user data".

Darren

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! My charge 2 just died a few days ago, would love for you to have it. I also have a charge 1 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Jpmontgo, I'd be happy to recycle your Fitbits, thank you. Just shoot me your address in a private message and I'll generate a PDF label you can print out and use to ship. What tracker are you switching to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger What about an old Fitbit One, could you use that? The battery stopped charging and it’s unresponsive to Bluetooth, but was still working up until a recent 2-month span when I didn’t use or charge it (so I think that killed the battery for good).

Actually, it just turned on!  (After I got a replacement, of course....). Will send to RecycleHealth instead.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PaperFiend That's super cool it started working again! I always love learning what's keeping people on their toes, so curious, what tracker did you switch to? Hopefully, it's another Fitbit? 🙂

I'd be happy to recycle your one and provide a label you can print from home for free without needing to travel. To use Recycle Health, take the tracker to the post office, and ship it to them, c/o Tufts University, 136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA, 02111. It will cost you between $3 and $8 depending on the shipping method and I'd recommend contacting them first to make sure they'll take the One as they may not accept older trackers. Either way, thanks for keeping them out of landfills!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger I have a Charge 3 with no screen visibility. I've swapped it out for a charge 4, and am happy to pass along my old one to you if you'd like!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shinyrae sure, thanks. Shoot me your address in DM and I'll generate a label. I've got a Charge 3 sitting here that could use a friend. If you've not used Fitbit DM's before, you might have to enable replies, I just got a note from a member who doesn't have replies enabled and unable to respond to them. How do you like the Charge 4?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Are you still interested in old fit bits? I have a moisture damaged one which lasts for only a few hours at a time, then needs charging or restarting. It's out of warranty, but keen for it to be useful to you rather than in the landfill! thanks.

Emily

@Williger I've messaged you below without tagging you, sorry.

I've got a moisture damaged charge HR with cable, strap and box if you want it?

Emily

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lisagualtieri I have a Fitbit versa that still tracks steps, heart rate etc but the screen is not working. Would this be something you could use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I sent you a PM? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has a Versa 2 (Rose Gold) which quit working.  We were about to toss it in the trash but decided to look into recycling it but couldn't find any options.  If you are interested in it, would be glad to ship it to you.  Please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Jpmontgo,

To send me a PM, click my name and then "Send a Message"

FB-Messageds.png

Make sure you can receive messages. Awkwardly, some people have messaged me but have PM turned off, so I can't reply. To check your settings, click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger which will look like this: 

Enabling Private Messages (PC)Enabling Private Messages (PC)

Unless it says "turn on private messages", I'll not be able to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WingmanJr,

Yes, please and thank you for recycling! If you send me a private message (click on my name to see profile, then "Send a message", I'll send you a prepaid shipping label you can print out. 

Make sure you can receive replies, to check your settings, click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger which will look like this: 

Enabling Private Messages (PC)Enabling Private Messages (PC)

Unless it says "turn on private messages", I'll not be able to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@emhallsworth Hi Emily,

Thanks for keeping it out of the landfill! Yes, please shoot me a PM and I'll send you a label you can print.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Williger  Hi there. I have 3 surges for parts if you’re interested. I’m in uk and willing to pay postage to you if you can find a use for them. Cheers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CathSm Hi Catherine. Yes, I'm definitely interested, thank you! I'll shoot you a private message. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jpmontgo

Are you able to see my replies in this forum? Your profile still is set to not have direct messages, to enable them, click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger and make sure "Turn on Private Messages" is turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a kids Ace (not Ace 2) that isn't working. I would be thrilled to send it to you and keep it out of landfill.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, and thanks for keeping your Fitbit out of the landfills. It appears you don't have private messaging enabled, and I'd suggest not exchanging addresses in the public forum. If you click on Community Preferences - Private Messenger you'll see a tick box for "Turn on Private Messages". Once you do this, you can click on my name and "Send a Message". Actually, you could send it to me anytime, but if I try to reply and your settings aren't enabled, it won't let me. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes