Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Fitbit do I have and what chargers are compatible with?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I cannot find any markings on this fitbit and since the various versions all look very similar, I can't tell which one it is. I need to know this to be able to buy a charger for it. If you recognize this fitbit, can you also maybe tell me which chargers are compatible with it? Here are three pictures of it:

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It is a Charge 3.

I wanted to update this thread in case someone stumbles upon it with the same question later. Thanks for the help everyone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @CogitoCogito  the person you got it from has no idea which one it was or has the charger? I'd take it to a Best Buy store where they sell different charging cables for Fitbit and see which one works. It does look like an older charge, but it's hard to tell exactly which one.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @CogitoCogito and thanks @Odyssey13 for the input.

@CogitoCogito Thanks for the pictures provided. Based on them, this is a Charge 3 or Charge 4. It's tricky to know which one you have since both are similar on design. You can find the charging cable for both on our web store, but since you're not sure which one you have, you can do what @Odyssey13 suggested and take it to one of our authorized retailers. Charge 3 and Charge 4 chargers are similar also, so before buying one, please request to test both chargers.

Hope this helps.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer

@CogitoCogito   If the pebble frame is metal, it is a Charge 3.  If the pebble frame is plastic, it is a Charge 4.  The chargers are different.  The Charge 4 sensor profile is slightly thicker.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you @Odyssey13 @BraulioFitbit @LZeeW for the help. My friend wasn't totally sure which model it was, but was most convinced that it is a 3. Also I honestly can't tell if the watch is metal or plastic so that doesn't really help either. I don't have time to go to a store to sort this out so I ended up just assuming it's a 3 and ordering blind. Hopefully I made the right choice.

This is quite frustrating. What is the point of making extremely similar watches, not labeling them, and then topping it off by making their chargers incompatible. I frankly can't conclude anything but that (1) fitbit fundamentally doesn't respect their customers' time and (2) they made some calculation that the frustration induced would result in either new watches or chargers being sold, environment be **ahem**ed. Maybe the EU needs to force fitbit to use a standardized charger like they are doing for phones. As for myself, this experience kind of turns me off of fitbit as a company entirely.

Regardless thank you all for stepping in to fill in the gap left by fitbit. I'll update when I receive the charger.

Best Answer

It is a Charge 3.

I wanted to update this thread in case someone stumbles upon it with the same question later. Thanks for the help everyone.

Best Answer
0 Votes