Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White line, firmware update or something else?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got this and after doing the firmware update a white line appeared across the screen. I have tried restarting it, plug in the charger and hold for 8 seconds till face shows. This didn't fix it. Also changed the clock face.

At this point, I believe its dead pixels.

Here are some images of it

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14w6VTL5EDAws9yjU3DUKIiLsj2jpgoss?usp=sharing

I hope someone can help me if not I will simply return it for a replacement.

Edit

Thought I would update this to let anyone interested know. I have replaced it at the store I bought it from and the new one is all good.

moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I would say return it for a replacement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I would say return it for a replacement.

Best Answer

I believe that's the progress bar for the update... when it's done it should go away

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cyric wrote:

I believe that's the progress bar for the update... when it's done it should go away

I don't think it is. You cant use it when its updating and the background is normally blank. This is the second one I have set up. My dads and my own. But thank you for the reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The white line is supposed to be for the firmware update. Mine hung during the firmware update and it sounds like that's what yours has done. I had to factory reset and then turn off connections to all other bluetooth devices in proximity. I also had to update my app. Eventually, it updated, but I don't appear to be able to sync to my phone.

Best Answer

how did you do a factory reset on the charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Plug the device in to charge. Push down on the "haptic feedback" panel on the left side of the watch (where the button was on the HR2) for about 8 seconds. You'll get a reboot screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Progress bar for Firmware update. Just got my charge 3 and it needed an update. Once the update was done. The bar was gone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear all,

ABNORMAL WHITE HORIZONTAL LINE ACROSS THE SCREEN

Even it looks like this issue has been risen by many Fitbit Charge 3 users recently, and many opinions have been expressed, there is no official answer from Fitbit itself.

The official approach is to write an email to support center, which will give you an automatic answer that - them being so busy - you'll get your answer in "2 or more days". 

And this for a malfunction appeared hundreds of times for top-of-the-line product just unboxed.

We are not discussing about some sophisticated setting or some issue appearing after heavy use.

This is plainly a hardware issue for products made end 2018. 

DEAR FITBIT, MAKE A STEP FORWARD, ASSUME THE FAULT AND FIND QUICK SOLUTION

AS THIS IS THE RIGHT BEHAVIOR OF RESPONSIBLE COMPANIES

Best Answer

Bought my charge 3 on feb 7th and the white line appeared.  I tried all the reboot/restart methods and had no luck. White line stayed. Until around midnight. My thoughts are somehow it fixed itself when it resets at midnight. Probly luck but idk. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue and tried restarting but still the same

Best Answer
0 Votes

it did it to my charge 3, they want me to bu/y another charge 3 with a discount.  

ONLY happened after the firmware update 8/20/2020

E7F4E0A6-0981-4529-9FDD-32D791880C1B.jpegC99491DF-37E9-454E-9DB0-FA11C4AF63B6.jpegF2EE4A30-3443-4102-8A29-2D3EF3C83AC3.jpeg

Best Answer

Same exact thing with mine. After the update I got the single line now a few days later it's become two. Also was offered discount to purchase no one. I call BS they messed it up with the update why should I have to buy a new one?!

Best Answer