Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the Charge 2 not come with a USB dongle?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

why in the hell does this not come with a dongle ? how frustrating to buy this product and begin to set it up ...only to find ..oh wait .....there is no dongle.?   wtf are you thinking .....so now how do i set it up ...this is my first purchase ..and with stupid thinking on fitbits part they don't ship all the hardware to set the watch up...?... this is so stupid ...i almost threw this piece of crap in garbage .....i would have if it didnt cost me 200 bucks ....Not happy .......

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Delete any old Fitbit devices from your android Fitbit app

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be an awesome solution if I could get the fitbit to pair with my phone.  It just keeps searching and searching for the Bluetooth signal.  Soooo not only can I not use my computer because I don't have the dongle but it WILL NOT PAIR with my Android.  Sooo frustrating

Best Answer

Completely and utterly absurd.  I agree..was so frustrated nearly threw this thing out.  Bought gifts for my in-laws who live abroad only to leave their home without giving these to them bc there was no dongle and out $500.  Get your act together, fitbit, and stop taking paying customers for a ride.  At least clearly label your boxes and instruction manuals.  Don't just slip a piece of paper inside directing customers to a website only to have to search the internet to find out there is no NEEDED dongle included.  This is ridiculous.  

Best Answer

Agree!  Some of the support pages state that if you have Windows 10 with BT enabled the tracker should sync.  I have Windows 10 with BT enabled and the Charge 2 paired and does it sync?  NOOOOOO!

All of my co-workers highly recommended Fitbit since "everything stays in sync".  Everything must mean just their smart phone.  Ugh!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The support pages, like this one state that you need:

"Your tracker uses Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology to sync with mobile devices and certain computers."

More to the point, Bluetooth LE was introduced with Bluetooth 4.0, so it may simply be that your computer does not have the appropriate hardware.  Though if you paired with your computer then it should sync.

While I generally sync with my smartphone, I have never had any issues syncing through the Fitbit App on my desktop or Surface, and they're both using just Bluetooth LE to sync.

Now, I've occasionally had issues syncing, and I'd be more than happy to help you diagnose the issue... but my experience is that if you're having problems syncing, it's independent of whether you're using the dongle or just Bluetooth.

That said, you can simply contact support, you can likely sweet talk them into sending you a dongle.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rachel23 the win10 fitbit app is what pairs tye tracker to your phone. If you paired it using the control panel and the computers Bluetooth settings, you paired it wrong.

Now if the app is indeed what paired tye tracker to the comouter, tyen your setup should sync. We should look into why it is not. L

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the feedback!  As it turns out, I checked the Fitbit app on my laptop about an hour or so after my post and saw that the data did indeed sync.  Not sure why it took so long but better late than never I guess!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so upset.  This was a mother's day present and so keen to set up BUT no dongle!!!!!!!!  Why would you sell a product without it?  I shall also be going back to the store and telling them.   How frustrating!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

But on the set-up it comes with the instructions....  to now insert dongle and you can't go past that window until you do so.......   now I stuck and can't go anywhere....

Best Answer

Just to re-cap.  You need to change the set-up instructions and remove the dongle section as you can't move past it.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This question has been answered above, with solutions,  many have asked Fitbit for a dongle, and found that it appeared in there mailbox at no extra charge.

Best Answer

@Rich_LaueI love when MAGIC happens Smiley Very Happy

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I have paid $260 AUS and want to use it now.   Not in 2 or 3 weeks when something might show up in the mail.  My issue is I can't move past on the set-up screen as its requesting the dongle. 

Best Answer

Agree Rachel123.  This has been so a long awaited gift to only have it end in such frustration.  I just feel like taking it back on the grounds that misleading information.   Why not put something on the outside of the packet as to what it is compatiable with.   Just feeling so upset.  The instructions are so poorly done and I followed and now stuck on the screen is to connect to a dongle.  I have a reasonable new computer so I perhaps don't need it but how can I move on with the set-up???

Best Answer

Not having any idea of wha5 computer, or opertaining system makes it hard to give individual help. 

So why does it not come with a dongle? Most computers under 5 years old come with compa5abl3 Bluetooth and Win10, therefore dont need a dongle. Even older MACs dont need a dongle.

Many people now have smart phones and don't need a dongle. The tracker is severely limited in its function without a smart phone.

Best Answer

@daleelad,

It comes with what is needed to sync with any relative recent computer.  Windows 10 will sync without a dongle just fine provided you have Bluetooth LE.  Any Windows 7 computer got a free upgrade to Windows 10, and Windows 7 shipped on 2009.

So unless your computer is over 8 years old or you don't have Bluetooth LE, you should be able to sync just fine.

What happens when you install the Fitbit App from here?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

I do hope no one attaches a Win 7 computer to the internet. In the words of Microsoft "We are unable to make this OS secure". Now that MS doesn't support it things have gotten worse.

I do have some Dos 6.1 floppy install disks if your interested  ill throw in the 6.2 update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am so frustrated right now with this whole dongle issue. I can't believe it doesn't come with one. I don't have one & my computer is not a newer model. They say to contact customer service but I looked everywhere and they provide no phone number to call.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I googled it and found the phone number. Funny that they don't provide one for your convenience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mags2,

Welcome to the community!

They do provide it.  Apparently you haven't looked carefully enough.  Scroll to the very bottom of this page and click on the "Help" link.  From there, you'll see an option to get support, it looks like this:

fitbit=getsupport.JPG

You'll have several options to contact support, including:

• chat
  • phone
  • twitter

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes